Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Searching

“I don’t want an ordinary life.  I want to live for you.  I want to spend my life investing in people and projects that will outlast me.  I want to lead people to personal faith in Jesus Christ.  I am available to you, for whatever you want me to do with my life.” 
 I read this prayer in Carol Kent’s blog. As I read the above prayer, my heart cried out “Lord, this is my prayer. She says it perfectly.” Although Carol’s life takes an unexpected turn, she still makes herself available to Him discovering the sweet spot of grace which makes her life full of meaning, fulfillment and purpose. The subject of her blog was the book, Eat, Pray, Love and now the new movie starring Julia Roberts. Carol said she was curious about an author and a book selling over seven million copies.eat love pray
I haven’t read the book or seen the movie, but in my life, I have found only one thing that can satisfy my longings, search or fill that need I crave. It is God. He knows me. He is so intimate with me. I will give you an example. I have been asked to lead the Bible study this semester for our Christian Women’s Job Corp. It starts next week, so I started to read the study this morning and prepare. Doubt, a little fear and pride arose in me. My thoughts were I can’t do this. I’ve never done this before. But God gave me reassurance during my quiet time that he wants me to stretch myself and trust Him.  He will provide everything I need to carry out what he has asked me to do.   Thank you Lord for your precious assurance. 

No comments: