Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It Is Back To Work For Me





I am afraid that my blogging days may be limited, but I plan to continue. I definitely want to blog about Matt and his days at Camp Redcloud. He has great pictures and videos that he has posted to his Facebook. School is winding down for G and his last day is Thursday. The only way we can talk to Matt is on Facebook late in the evening or via messages on Facebook. He does try to call on Saturday and/or Sunday if he is in the town of Lake City. There is no cell service up in the mountains. Please continue to keep Matt in your prayers. He is really homesick and this has been hard for him. Sunday morning he had a severe migraine headache which scared him. Matt says that Camp Redcloud is amazing and he already feels God at work and his presence. We are so proud of him and miss him tremendously. The only way we can talk to Matt is on Facebook late in the or via messages on Facebook. He does try to call on Saturday and/or Sunday if he is in the town of Lake City. There is no cell service up in the mountains. Please continue to keep Matt in your prayers. He is really homesick and this has been hard for him. Sunday morning he had a severe migraine headache which scared him. Matt says that Camp Redcloud is amazing and he already feels God at work and his presence. We are so proud of him and miss him tremendously.
G is out of school this week and he is ready. He is playing lots of basketball this summer as well as two different camps. He certainly misses his brother.
~~~~~
It is back to work for me....full time and outside the house. I officially started on Monday at my church as staff support. I couldn't pick a better to place to work as I love the people that surround me. My hours are 8 to 5 and I wonder who will have the biggest adjustment? Would that be me or my family? Those that know me well knows that this is a huge transition for me as I have not worked outside the house in 16 years. My last job was an international meeting planner at Alcon. I quit to start a children's painting studio, "Kids Paint Too!" one year before G was born.








.



4 comments:

Linda said...

I know you will do well Paige. Like I told you facebook I am going back in the fall and haven't been out of the home for 13 years so you got me beat for a few years. I am nervous about the dynamics of how the house will run but I know God can take care of all of that if I let him. I hope work has been good so far this week for you.

Sandy said...

Paige, I'm excited for you and always praying for you. By staff support, do you mean secretary or something more?
We went to Falls Creek last night, didn't get to spend a lot of time with Kalyn, but just the little bit was wonderful!
She counseled a girl who accepted Christ last night, and Kalyn cried as she told us that it broke her heart that the girl told her it was a hard decision for her, because her parents aren't Christians and it was going to be hard to go back. Kalyn said, "I can't relate to that."
It's wonderful when we can see our kids being used by God. I am always praying for Matt!

Jill said...

Wow- Good luck with your new job. I am sure BOTH you and your family will have some hard adjustments. It's a constant juggling act, let me tell you. One thing I recommend that helps me the most (besides having a cleaning lady!) is to cook ahead on the weekend for the upcoming week. I rarely give advice but it's an invaluable task for me and my family that really helps. If you want some more tips about what I make, I'll be happy to share! Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!

Justabeachkat said...

Congrats on your new position. It sounds exciting. I know it will be a big adjustment for you and your family, but I'm confident all will work out. Don't forget to blog when you can.