Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Our Journey Part II

I hope you weren't expecting part II of our journey too soon here on my blog! It has been awhile.  I love blogging and miss it so much!  I do want to continue writing and remembering this journey.  If nothing else, I have it recorded as a reminder of God's faithfulness.  I began work at my church on June 1st and now have been there three months.  About the time I started working, things for Pat at his job was unraveling.  Each day was getting tougher and tougher. There were so many changes and changes that were hard to swallow for him.  One Friday morning in early July I got a text from Pat that said "I can't do this anymore".  It was time for him to leave.  That weekend we prayed and felt a huge peace about our decision. The following Monday morning he resigned from his job of 30 years not knowing what was next. We took a huge "leap of Faith".  I was amazed at the peace I felt and I can honestly say that I have never felt more peace about anything in my life before now. I keep telling Pat that "God didn't deliver you from cancer to drop you off at the curb"! My prayer for Pat is that God would give him the desire of his heart.   I know that God has big plans for Pat and our family.  I definitely knew that life as we have known it changed overnight...which was a repeat from a year ago when Pat was diagnosed with esophageal cancer....change again. I could clearly see how God was placing each puzzle piece of our life in place.  God orchestrated the job at the church four months earlier than planned so that Pat could resign and I could carry the health insurance.  Insurance is a must for us and God made sure that insurance coverage would not be a worry for us.  Pat took an extended vacation to see what God has in mind for him now.  He kept thinking of real estate for a couple of weeks, but God had something else in mind and he revealed that to Pat. It was Clear Choice USA, a residential window replacement business. Keep in mind that he has been in the window business (manufacturing and RV) for 30 years.  He was practically a kid when he started selling windows!   You know what another cool thing is? This is a dealership type of business and the only available territory was Fort Worth, Johnson and Tarrant county (the counties we live in and nearby) and surrounding cities.  Wow! That is another confirmation that God gave to us.  Another one...Pat's former company's motto was the "The Clear Choice" and our new business name is "Clear Choice USA of Fort Worth".  God is amazing isn't he?  So since he decided to start this business he has been busy.  We put our house on the market a week ago. We also are selling some land in Hico.  This morning before I started my quiet time, I asked God to show me something. I wanted to hear from him and he spoke.  The message was "Expect the Unexpected". Just as the Israelites wandered in the wilderness, that is where we are. We are trusting God to direct us as we do not know what the future holds.   We are trusting God to allow our house and land to sell quickly. We are trusting God to provide financially until our business kicks in. We are trusting that God has the perfect house for us. We found a house, the first and only house we looked at, but we have to be certain that this is God's will.  We are trusting Him again.  In the meantime, I am so very thankful.  One of my prayers that I prayed right before I started working was "Lord, if I have to work full time, I just want to love it".  That prayer has been answered.  I love my job so much and the people I work with.  What joy and peace I have and to know that I get paid to do what I love!  Our church just launched our brand new website www.fbcburleson.com two weeks ago and I have the privilege of being the webmaster.  I have also realized that I am a huge computer nerd.   I also work for the Associate Pastor and the two music ministers.  It is a very busy job and I have a new perspective and appreciation of the church as a staff member. (More thoughts on this in the near future.)  ......to be continued
Hugs!

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a "God story" if I ever heard one.... Thanks for sharing it. I miss blogging too! I barely get a few minutes on facebook each day. I got your email and I am enjoying my job, it has been hard but each day is getting easier and I am looking forward to getting into a routine at home. Thanks for checking on me sweet friend. Have a wonderful long weekend and I will be praying that God sells that house and property quickly if that is His will.
Blessings