Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Friday!

I love to read. Right now I have four books checked out from the library, four I bought on Half.com (love this site as books are used and so affordable), two Bible studies and rereading a book, which leads me for the subject of this post. If you are my friend on Facebook I have mentioned several times the power of the book "One in a Million" by Priscilla Shirer has had on me. God has used Priscilla to speak directly to me through this book and currently I am on my third reading of it. I have to change pen colors each time because I am underlying the same thing each read. Since I have read most of her books, I now follow her blog. Below I have copied her post from today because again, God grabbed my attention as I was reading the computer screen. Priscilla was actually talking about one of her mentors that she too hopes to meet someday. So, I hope you hear from the Lord as you read it too.

Read her blog at Jan Johnson.

That quote above from Rohr, "Faith does not need to push the river because faith is able to trust that there is a river. It is flowing. We are in it." just says it all, doesn't it? 

Some days my faith is strong and there are many days that I have to ask God for more.  He is always faithful to show me that he hears me!

Hugs!

No comments: