Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Should Be Happy Anniversary


I have dreaded the day I look forward to the most, September 8th.  28 years ago I said "I do" at Lake Murray Lodge in Ardmore, Oklahoma in the quaint chapel.  Pat, I would do it all over and over and over again.  I know the conversation you and I would be having today if you were here:

Pat: "Mom, what you want to do for our anniversary?" 
Me: "Oh, I don't care."
Pat: "Want to run down to Hico?  We could grab a bite to eat on the way."
Me: "Sure!"
Pat: "If you don't want to we can do what you want."

We would be packing the truck right now.  When the engine starts up on the Ford diesel, Cash will hop right in the middle of the both of us anxious to "go south".   Our conversation would consist of talking about the kids, the window business and of course, our future retirement.  You always dreamed about the day you and I would retire in beautiful Hico. 

I thought about taking a drive this weekend to Hico, but I just don't think my heart could take it.  I just ran across my favorite picture.  I am riding behind you on the four wheeler.  We are headed towards our house on the ranch.  The wind is cool and I have my arms wrapped around your waist just taking it all in.  



Pat, I miss you terribly and long to hear your voice and feel your touch.  You were my everything.

Happy 28th my sweet Pat!
I will love you forever. 
Mom


 

2 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Beautiful words to reflect your joy and sorrow. I pray that some sweet surprises from the Lord make this day easier for you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Fondly,
Glenda

Justabeachkat said...

So very sweet!

Love you sweet friend,
Kat