Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

More Change






I have missed journaling and would like to be more disciplined, but the rhythm of my house is much different now.  I use to spend a lot of time on this couch as Pat sat in his chair, and I don't do much sitting now.  As I sit now, Garrett is watching Alaska State Trooper while chasing Hank around and Cash is trying to get right in the middle of it all.

My sweet little birdy, Elizabeth, flew the nest this weekend and I am excited for her.  After she graduated from college in August of 2010, she was only going to make a short stop at home and then begin her new life, but there was another plan.  She put her dreams on hold to take care of her family.  Here is a picture of moving day!

This was quite the site as we packed up and then delivered her goods to downtown Dallas!  I don't think Mr. G is working very hard!

Still more change. I will be leaving my job at First Baptist as I resigned Thursday afternoon in order to run the window business full time. This possibility was lurking, but God showed me clearly on Thursday that it was time.  I have been reading Priscilla Shirer's new book, Resolution.  She was talking about timing and referring to Haggai, Chapter 1.  "Now was the season to focus on the house of God, to pare down their list and concentrate primarily on what God was telling them to do today. So, yes, it meant that something which brought them pleasure would need to be put on the shelf for now, but certainly not forever.  They were to focus on today's task, pushing others to the side temporarily, while being assured that the time would come for them to prioritize another thing later on.  Sometimes this realization can be a hard one. As you're able to determine what your current priorities should be, and as you're obedient in setting other things aside for the time being, don't fret that you'll never again have the opportunity to spend time pursuing them.  The next years, perhaps even the next few months, will bring with them a recalibration of what's most pressing and important.  Then some of these activities that you're needed to shutter for a time may be ready again to emerge into active duty."  

She was referencing all of the above to the book of Haggai, chapters 1 & 2.  So, I thought I would turn to these chapters.  I read these chapters on December 20th.  Chapter 2, verse 4, "Be strong all you people still left in the land.  And now get to work, for I am with you says the Lord of Heaven's Armies. My Spirit remains strong among you, just as I promised when you came out of Egypt. So do not be afraid."   vs. 19: "I am giving you a promise now while the seed is still in the barn. You have not yet harvested your grain, and your grapevines, fig trees, pomegranates, and olive trees have not yet produced their crops. But from this day onward I will bless you."

I immediately knew. The focus now is on our window business, but my pleasure has been working at FBC.  A place that has carried me and a place that I can now heal.  I wasn't ready to make any kind of decision about leaving, but God showed me very clearly to make this pressing and important decision. So, I am now trusting God to go before me.

Sure missing my Pat...
Photobucket

7 comments:

Valerie Eppler said...

Just wanted to let you know you are still always in my thoughts and prayers. I pray each day that your memories will bring you comfort and not hurt so much. I have no idea what your going through losing your soul mate and best friend, but I do know what it is like to lose a parent. Mom has been gone for 3 years now and time does heal. I think of her always now and smile, still wanting her here with us but knowing she's living it up in Heaven!! Love ya! =)

Earnie said...

Paige,
I'm praying for your every success as you charge into the new journey. May you be blessed beyond measure.
ey

Justabeachkat said...

We are wise when we listen and follow. Good luck sweet friend

Hugs,
Kat

Sherilyn Burns said...

Paige,
You are such a treasure! It is so clear that God is leading you and is with you constantly. You are a chosen leader and I am so blessed that you share your journey. My heart hurts for you and yet I rejoice in hearing how God is with you.I pray for you and your precious children daily and ask for God hugs for each of you.
Love and Blessings,

Chris Ellison said...

Paige,

I continue daily lifting you and your family up. I wish you nothing but success as you endeaver into this wonderful world of windows. I have been in this field for going on 14 years and love every minute of it. John is a good teacher. As you know Pat would occaisionally purchase windows from me, I never looked at him as a customer, but as my friend. If you ever have any questions please feel free to contact me. I will help you any way I can. God Bless..Chris Ellison

Linda said...

Praying that the business does well and that you continue to have peace in the decision the Lord led you to make.
Blessings sweet Paige!

Sandy said...

Dear Paige,
You are so wise and such an inspiration to us all, and there a lot of prayers going up for you and your sweet family!