Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday

It has been a Wednesday full of rainfall and we are thankful!  I have been going to Grief Share for the past two weeks which are on Wednesday nights, but I didn't go tonight because we had to put Hank in the crate due to the rain, and I wasn't sure if Garrett would be coming home directly from basketball.  I meant to go, but after getting home, I didn't want to get out again and drive to Fort Worth.  I have found that Grief Share has been very helpful and the facilitators at Christ Church are just wonderful people.  This program is a video series that walks you through all of the steps of grief.  I have learned simple things such as it takes six to nine months to accept the fact that your loved one is gone and they are not coming back.  I still have a ways to ago as I find myself shaking my head thinking this can't be true.  

A lot of things don't feel true.  I was sharing today with my friend that it has been hard to accept the fact that I am leaving my job at First Baptist and when I was typing up my job description to put into the worship folder, it made my stomach turn.  Without a doubt I know I have been guided to do this, but it doesn't make it any easier as I truly love all of the staff that I work with every single day. 

Elizabeth came home last night for Garrett's game and it was so good to see her.  She is loving her new apartment and I think her place will be the place to get away.  As I am typing this I just got a text from her, "I got a DVR!! Yuh!!!! And I have the sweetest room ever." She is has a great closet too!  Love you Sissy-girl!
My eyes are closing and early to rise in the morning.  Blessings!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh Paige, my heart aches for you at the thought of you leaving your job at FBC, and just for the loss of your soulmate. I am praying for you daily. Again, I know you have such a strong, personal relationship with Jesus, and are following his guiding daily. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us!