Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello Friends!

Well, I think I am finished with my blog color reconstruction for now. Lime green is my new favorite color this year. I am working on another header, but having some difficulties with it for now. Gosh I have been so productive this week. First of all, I have cooked three meals in a row and tonight Pat will be totally shocked when he sees it on the stove. To cook more was my one and only New Year's resolution. Second, I cleaned my pantry. It took lover two hours. After I cleaned it out it looked like we didn't have any more food. Bubba opened it and said "Wow Mom!". Third, I just finished cleaning out my cabinet in the laundry room that holds old towels, gift sacks and miscellaneous cords for phones and other electronics...you know the ones that you afraid to throw away because someone will be looking for it in two years! Oh, and I got my tree down yesterday. That felt real good. I sure feel sorry for the trash that will be on my curb tomorrow!
~~~~~
I don't want to sound too chipper as my heart is breaking for two of my friends. My long-time friends, Paul and Lawanda, lost their awaited grandson, Andrew Justin, last night due to complications from the umbilical cord. Please keep them and the mom and dad, Justin and Lauren, in your prayers. This young couple have amazing faith and they say that they are thankful for a Sovereign God, who is in control. I agree. I have a new friend, Linda, whose husband was killed in an head-on collision December 29th by a drunk driver just a few minutes from her home. They have three small children. Please pray for Linda and her children as they mourn their loss.
~~~~~
Let this remind us again that life is precious and we are not promised tomorrow. But, during our sorrow and pain, God is collecting all of our tears and loves us more than we could ever know. Thank you, Lord.
Hugs!

6 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Love your new blog design! I really like lime-green, too. It looks nice with the black and white.

So sorry to hear of your friends loss. How tragic. You're right, life is precious.

LivingTheLife said...

Amen...to your wise closing words! I'm sorry to hear about both of your friends losses...I will certainly lift them all up in prayer!

I love the new look, color and design...I want to make some changes with my blog, too...but I'm waiting on my new computer...which is on back-order till the 12th...hmmm...me thinks...Mr. Clay added way too many gizmos, gadgets and other things...but, he did it to make me happy...so I guess I can wait a few more days...right???

Way to go on re-organizing...feels good to get rid of all that clutter. Isn't it amazing how quickly we can fill up a home that we thought we would NEVER outgrow all the storage and empty spaces when we moved in...hmmm...so much for that...and NOW I'm downsizing...well, not really (unless you count the house we were planning to build, so really if we had built that one...we WOULD be downsizing????) I am getting rid of a lot of stuff b/f the BIG move...kind of purging...and I must say ...it feels good!

Blessings...
Teresa

Paige said...

Just wanted to say hey..from another Paige, being that there isn't very many of us out there! lol.

You are very right. We should never forget how precious life is and that we are not promised another day. I will be thinking of your friends in my prayers. You seem to be an amazing woman of faith, and I love your blog!

Jill said...

I love your new blog design! Sounds like your new year is off to a great start. Very sad about your two friends. I will say a little prayer for those families today.

Marnie said...

I will pray for your friends Paige. I am filled with JOY over their faith though, and I am confident that GOD will give them strength through this very difficult time.

Debra said...

Wow! So much fun seeing you and getting hugs and chatting today. So thankful for your friendship! LOVE YOU!