Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

My First Blog Award!

I received my first blog award! Thanks to Paige at Mommy to a Charli Girl for my very first award, The Honesty Award. I am honored and blessed, so hugs to you, Paige!
~~~~~
The rules for this award are: First, choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Secondly, show the seven winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap". Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. Lastly, list at least ten honest things about yourself. I was also tagged by Debra at 3 Chicks and a Magnet for a blogger game. The rules for this game of tag are as follows: list six random or weird facts about yourself, and then tag six others. Here it goes ...(I will try to combine the answers, if possible). My seven winners are:
~~~~~
1. Melissa at Stretch Marks. I have never officially met Melissa here in blog land, but I read her blog everyday. She has me laughing out loud most of the time, or dropping tears on my keyboard. She is a very talented writer who is a genuine Christ Follower who loves the Lord.
~~~~~
2. Linda at Engraved in His Palms. She was one of my very first blogger friends who prayed for Pat and I this summer, and she was faithful to email me and encourage me. She is honest and transparent as God calls us each to be.
~~~~~
3. LMP Blog. Beth Moore at Life Proof Ministries' blog is where many blogger friends meet and share their hearts and souls. Beth Moore has always been one of my favorite Bible Study Leaders. On this blog she interacts with women daily with laughs, tears, and encouragement. I read her blog daily for encouragement.
~~~~~
4. All Things In Moddy. Hollie is a new friend of mine. Her blog design is adorable as well as her precious little girl and I love babie! She is refreshing and loves the Lord. She must have something great to say to have 180 followers!
~~~~~
5. Jillian, Inc. Jill is just refreshing and witty! She was one of my very first blogger buddies. She has also got it going on in the style arena. She is definitely blessed with a beautiful family that I enjoy reading about.
~~~~~
6. Lavender Chick. Debi just cracks me up! She has an amazing life on a Lavender Farm in the beautiful hill country in Texas. She shares with us about the "going ons" on her farm. We are even planning on meeting halfway sometime I hope in the near future.
~~~~~
7. 3 Chicks and a Magnet. Of all seven listed here, I have actually met Debra. What a Godly woman who has had many trials in her life lately, but has faced them with courage, strong faith ad trust. She has seen miracles in her life as I have. What impresses me the most...she home schools!
~~~~~
Ten things about me:
1. I don't take criticism very well.
2. I find joy in the weirdest things in this life.
3. I cry easily. I cry when I am happy, mad and angry.
4. My husband still gives me butterflies.
5. I am a very optimistic person.
6. I have seen God's miracles many times in my life.
7. I guess I am going to have to admit that I am high maintenance.
8. I am a techno junkie. I love computers. software, new phones, blogging, etc.
9. I absolutely love shopping!
10. I love the Lord more than anything on this earth!
~~~~~
Well, l think this is enough. This made my brain hurt!
Hugs!

6 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

Hi Paige! Thanks for the award! It takes an strong woman to admit they're high maintenance... Good for you! I love that your hubby still gives you butterflies, that's so sweet!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Paige

Congrats on a well deserved award. I loved reading your list.

Hugs from your high maintenance friend! (smiles)
Kat

Hollie said...

wow, thanks so much paige. i really appreciate it.
and congrats on your awards, too!


and i must tell you that I, too, cry easily, with every emotion.
ughhh. sometimes i hate it.

Paige said...

Aw, I like you ten honest things. Esp. that your husband still gives you butterflies, I cannot wait to find that kind of love. Not very many people in this world have that.I also find the weirdest joys in life, including my blog awards =) haha.

Glad you liked it too!

Linda said...

Thanks Paige you are too sweet!!
Blessings,
Linda

Melissa Lee said...

Hey Paige! If I'm not mistake, I am number ONE and Beth Moore is number THREE?????? YIPEEEEE! I can die a happy woman now. ;-)

Thanks so much for your kind words. I do appreciate it. I am so glad you stop by every day. In fact, feel free to pass awards off to me anytime, I wholeheartedly accept them!

Love to you,
Melissa at Stretch Marks

P.S. Your design and all is beautiful...of course I'm saying this becuase you don't take criticism very well and consider yourself high maintenance. (ha)