Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Am Back

I know, it has been awhile since I have blogged, but I couldn't seem to get on here last week, and the week before it was spring break! Remember, there is no internet in Hico! Spring break was so relaxing and God blessed us with the perfect weather. The boys and a few friends joined us in Hico for the week, but they camped out near the pond. It was a perfect situation for them as they came to the house when they needed more food, watch a little March Madness, and shower. The only thing lacking was Sis, but she was able to join us at the end of the week after she returned from her road trip to Panama City, Florida. She had a great time, but brought back an upper respiratory infection and bronchitis.
~~~~~
Monday night G started his new team, Texas Express, with his first practice. Today he had his second practice and the only complaint I have is getting up early on Saturday mornings. I think the team will be good and I like the coach. He will be playing two tournaments a month and in July, every weekend. I told him this morning that he will get all the basketball he can stand! He will have a full summer with basketball as well as a basketball camp and church camp.
~~~~~
Bubba is gearing up for Colorado and has to be there on May 17th. He is so excited that he has lost some sleep! What a great time he is going to have!
~~~~~
I have been busying teaching Microsoft Word for the Christian Women's Job Corp since the first of February, and I will start teaching EXCEL next week for a few weeks. These are great ladies and I enjoy teaching them a lot. Pat has agreed to help our church get the Men's Job Corp up and running, which will be a big task.
~~~~~
My dad seems to be getting stronger. Some of the spinal tap results are coming in and so far they show everything to be normal. He did meet with an ENT two weeks ago and he said that his problem did not have to do with sinuses, and if he were to diagnose his condition after looking at the tests done so far, he thinks he had a small stroke and recommended a strong rehab program. Thank you for your prayers, and I ask that you continue to pray with me until he has recovered.
~~~~~
It is so cold today, but in Texas we will be wearing our flip-flops Monday! Have a good one!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

Welcome back! It sounds like our prayers for your Dad are working, but I will continue to keep him in my prayers.

I'm in my flipflops already! Yeah.

Hugs!
Kat