Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Sum Up Your Life In Six Words

One of my favorite blogs to read is Beth Moore's blog. Either Beth or one of her two daughters, Melissa and Amanda, write a post each day. Today I was catching up on my blog reading and I came across a blog that Melissa posted a week ago. I wanted to share this with you and give you a chance to play along with me. It was a trend years ago for writers/authors to sum up their lives, or in other words to succintly write their memoir, using only six words. Here are a few examples he cited:

"For Sale: baby shoes, never worn”

-Ernest Hemingway

“Bumpy road, kissed toad, recovery mode!”

-anonymous blogger comment

“My flame flickers but never fails”

-anonymous blogger comment

So, how about it! Post a comment with your "six words".

Immediately a phrase popped in my mind and thankful it was six words:

Cancer a gift..I am changed!

So, sum up your life in six words. Blogging buddies, I tag you!

Hugs!


7 comments:

Meg said...

Oh you beautiful girl! I will def do this!

THank you and have a beautiful weekend!

Paige said...

Thanks for letting me know that you did this! Hope you have a great weekend

Linda said...

okay ms paige. Do I write my words here or do I post about them on my blog. Having brain freeze today. :)
Blessings,
Linda

Lavender Chick said...

Hi! I will definately play along! Loved your 6 words... I agree with you! I'm living it...

Hollie said...

wow...so very cool. and definitely challenging!
loved the examples you provided, especially yours!

i'm gonna try it, but i don't think i'm very good at stuff like this.

and i saw the pic of your sister from a few posts ago and i think the two of you look just alike!!!
beautiful!

Shauna said...

I am new here! What an awesome blog! Hope you are having a great weekend!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

What a wonderful outlook. Loved this post. :)