Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happenings & Update

Pat's surgery is still scheduled for Tuesday, August 5th. We have to be at the hospital, Downtown Harris Methodist in Fort Worth, at 7:30 a.m. and his surgery is scheduled for 11:00 a.m. The surgeon said that he will be in the hospital for a week and a half.

Pat is doing well and a little anxious of course. We got home safely from Florida on Saturday night. We had such a good time. Yesterday, Pat and I took 19 calves to the sale barn and we will take about 35 or more in the next six weeks. Interesting note....Pat and I have been waiting for the results of the Harris Tumor Board's decision that was to be presented three weeks ago. They were going to present Pat's case which was whether we were to do surgery first or chemo/radiation first as the surgeon and the oncologist could not agree. We never heard from anyone on the results and I called just now to Dr. Crim's office and spoke with his nurse. Dr. Crim never presented Pat's case to the board and she did not know the reason why as he was not in the office when I called. I told his nurse that I was glad that we made our decision and we were not still waiting to hear what the Tumor Board had to say. She then asked me if we would be seeing Dr. Crim after the surgery. My answer was no and particularly a "no" now. I don't know if I shared with you before now, but I did not have a peace about Dr. Crim or his facility. I really tried to shake the feeling and blamed it on denial of having to deal with all of this, but the feeling was the same the next week when we visited with the radiation doctor at the same facility. I lost the back to my earring in the parking lot of Dr. Crim's office the first time we went to visit him. Pat and I looked for it several times while we were there. Well, when I lost the earring back I whispered a prayer, "Lord, show me where that earring back is and I will know that we are on the right path in finding the right doctor." The next week when I was there, we looked again for it on our way in to visit the radiation doctor...couldn't find it. As we were leaving for the last time and on our way to find another oncologist for a second opinion, I found the back to my earring! Pat said he definitely looked for that earring back in that particular spot. Pat asked me what that meant to me in regards to my prayer. It meant that God is in complete control and that there are no coincidences in this world, and I found that earring back on my way out knowing that I would not return to that doctor or facility. Call me crazy or call it coincidence if you want to, but My God is that intimate and personal and I have truly seen his devine intervention and guidance from the beginning of this journey. If you want to hear more, just ask me!

G will have a birthday the 6th, so we will celebrate his birthday Monday night. Did you know that many of his birthdays have been either while we are on vacation, moving either our home or his sister to a new apartment, and now hanging at the hospital. He doesn't mind though. G will be the big 14!

We have a few more details to wrap up before Tuesday so we will be doing that.

Again, we love hearing from you via a phone call, cards, email and texts. Your love for our family is so humbling and we thank you from the bottom of our heart.

Post a Comment