Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Naomi, Ruth or Orpah?

In the time of tragedy are you Naomi, Ruth or Orpah? I went to a conference this summer and heard Kelly Minter who spoke on the book of Ruth. She asked us that question. 

Naomi, Ruth and Orpah lost their husbands.  Naomi went back to Bethlehem to seek God's blessing and favor.  Orpah ran from God to her other Gods, and Ruth ran with abandonment to God himself.  My answer to the question is I am Ruth.  I am running, seeking and searching after Him. 

Brokenness  and pain was what I felt this time last year.  Pat had been gone two months and the pain was so unbearable at times.  I would find myself just laying in my closet floor rocking and crying with no sound.  That closet was my retreat for two years as that was where I felt I could safely hide whether it be to cry or pray on my knees.  My desire was to be strong for Pat and my kids.   I certainly got a grip in that closet, but my strength, peace and hope came from spending time in God's word and in prayer.  

In Sarah Young's devotional, Jesus Lives, she says it much better than me.  Jesus: "Nothing is wasted when it is shared with me.  I can bring beauty out of the ashes of lost dreams; I can glean Joy out of sorrow, Peace out of adversity.  I take great delight in transforming My precious children. Give Me your broken dreams!  Release them into My care and keeping.  I will not only heal the brokenness, I will give you a new dream--one that is in harmony with My plans for you."

I am still waiting on the new dream, but that deep pain is gone.  Sadness still appears, but my heart is being mended.  It feels wonderful to say that my days are brighter and filled with hope.  I am so thankful for His word that I crave and the ultimate gift of His presence and peace. 

In His Grip,
Photobucket


1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am so happy for you....Tht was a beautiful post....Love you