Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

From Matt

I can't thank my friends and family enough! It has been one month today that my dad went to be with the Lord at 6:39pm. To be honest this month in my head has been a living nightmare without my old man around. But when all of these thoughts of my dad randomly pop in my head, I can't help but think of what comfort God has given me. He hasn't just dumped all of the grief on me at once, but instead he's given me no more then I can bare. People have asked how I've been since all of this and I haven't really shared my true answer because it's very hard to not get emotional....

When God told me to get up on stage at dad's funeral, I didn't think I could do it. I prayed and prayed for comfort through this entire journey. And when I got up there I received it. It was as if when I was up there I had someone pointing out who to look at. The only people I could see we're people who have mentored me in my walk with Christ. That is when I knew I wasn't alone! People say Dad is watching over me, but honestly I believe he can see me but I also believe he is having to much fun in heaven to care as much as he did while he was here on earth. I struggle the most when I think I can call dad just to ask for some advice or share something really cool. God can I just at least send a text message to him? Lol.

To everyone who has walked this journey with my family and I, THANK YOU! Please continue to be by our sides! But to those watching this journey and seen the man my dad was, I ask that you just please give Jesus Christ a chance to be your Savior as my dad did. An intimate relationship with him will amaze you!! As the Bible says in Revelations 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Jesus is at the door of your heart and is waiting on you to open the door and experience a relationship with him!

I pray God has blessed y'all with a good Christmas and Happy New Year!

Matt

No comments: