Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Delayed Blessing Office

Two days until Colorado and we can hardly wait!  I can't wait for the smell, the beauty and the weather.  More of my favorites to come when we get there! If only the packing was done!  I have been stock piling on books to read while I am gone and since internet and cell phone use will be limited, I will have more time to read. 

I just finished the first book of three in a series called the Hunger Games.  I read it in two days and had to find the second and third book quickly.   Since I didn't have time to shop for the books, I made a shout out on Facebook and my friend, Becky Stricklin, came through for me and let me borrow the second and third book!  Thanks, Becky!

God is still talking to me about waiting lately.  "The revelation awaits an appointed time...though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3).  In Streams in the Desert the author talks about the Lord's "Delayed Blessing Office", where God stores the answers to certain prayers until it is wise to send them.  When we pray expecting an answer it takes a long time to learn that delays of answers are not denials.  He says that in the "Delayed Blessing Office" there are deep secrets of love and wisdom that we have never imagined!  We tend to want to pick our blessings from the tree while they are still green, yet God wants us to wait until they are fully ripe.

When I read this I am reminded of a prayer request that Pat and I have been praying for and I am not talking about healing on this one.  It is a request that we have petitioned for quite some time now and we have surrendered.  We are seeking His will for us and the solution seems easy and sometimes so close, but we wait.  Perhaps we are trying to pick the blessing that isn't ripe yet...it is not time.  "Do not grieve Him by doubting His love. Instead, lift up your eyes and begin praising Him right now for the deliverance that is on its way to you.  Then you will be abundantly rewarded for the delay that has tried your faith."

My prayer today is "Lord, I hear you and I understand.  I just want to get it right.  I want my faith to please you, but some days are harder than others."

In His Grip,
xoxoPhotobucket

No comments: