Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Woo Hoo!

As of one hour ago, $9,250.00 has been donated to TEAM STP!  WOW and big thank you!  We are five days away from PurpleStride and we have over 25 team members walk/running. 

Tomorrow morning we meet with the oncologist and get the results of the CT.  We are definitely anxious and pray that there has not been much change since September. He has really struggled since Sunday.  They gave him a huge dose of anxiety medication before they pulled the out the chest tube and evidently the medication stayed in his system longer than expected.  I am told this is probably due to the fact that his liver is not functioning properly because of the cancer in the liver. So, it has taken him the past two days to clear his mind. He doesn't feel good and has extreme fatigue.  He and I got out once yesterday and once today.


What to pray?  We need what I call w/d/g (wisdom, discernment, guidance).  Is his body ready for more chemo? Either way, it could be difficult.  A lot of time has passed since his last treatment. 


I opened my Bible yesterday morning and the Lord met me there with his timely Word. Words that He had just for me that were encouraging and comforting.  His presence is here and God has clearly shown me that he is near my kids. 


In His Grip,

xoxo

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4:16
Photobucket

1 comment:

Mammy said...

I am wondering at your absence. Please give us an update when convenient and know that whatever is going on in your life right now, we are praying. Blessings to you and yours.