Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yay TEAM STP

My Love, My Hero!

Ready for my first 5K

My family!


Garrett & Taelor

Alex, Jessica, Dennis & Wendy

Kelly & Brian

Matt & Missy

Training Buddies


My Purple Loot from being Individual #2 Fundraiser - $10K

LG Girls
Yes!  TEAM STP Did it!  There were approximately 62 people there representing STP and our team raised $10K. Our team placed fifth in fund raising and  I won second place individual fund raiser earning great purple lute!!  A big thank you to Wendy, Alison and Dennis for arriving early, early this morning to set up our tent and the food.  The blue tent had black and white racing flags along with two STP banners.  After the event, all the team members signed the banner for Pat.  Congratulations to my cousin, Riley, who ran the race in 22 minutes and won second and to Campbell Masteller for winning second in his age group! A total of $332,039 was raised today for PurpleStride Dallas 2011!

It was such a grand day.  The weather was beautiful but a  little hot for running.  It was a wonderful feeling to see all of the STP shirts at the event.  This was my first experience with a running event and I am proud to say that I am now able to mark a 5K off my bucket list. I ran it the whole way!  I have to give special thanks to my niece, Brianna and Wendy for running alongside of me.  There was one heck of a hill!  That finished line was a beautiful sight! 


I have tons of pictures and wish I could share them here with you on CaringBridge, but it will only allow one photo per entry.  If you have FaceBook, you can see them on my page.  The picture I have attached is of our group  which makes me so proud.


Pat has had a rough three days with his pain and extreme fatigue.  I just want him to feel good.  He was such a trooper and it took great courage and fight to attend today and Garrett's game yesterday morning.  He is my hero. 


I told my friend, Angie, today that after this wonderful day and a day dedicated to pancreatic cancer, it feels as if things should be all better now and Pat back to normal.  The reminder of this difficult journey is seen every time I look my sweet husband. 


2 Timothy 4:7 says it beautifully: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Lord, we ask that you go before us as we continue this race and we ask that you increase our faith each day. 


Hugs!

  xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: