Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Make Your List

We are at the Center and Pat is getting chemo and I have been visiting with my nurse friends who truly are such a comfort here.  God has blessed Pat and I with such wonderful people here. 

Pat has his ERCP today and all is clear.  Dr. Yoeder visited with Pat and I before the procedure and he said he is amazed at Pat's reports and how well he is doing.  Actually when Dr. Yoeder walked away, Pat asked me if I saw his face light up when he said it.  Yes, yes I did.  When examining the stent it was all clear and the tumor that once was growing within the old stent that was placed in October is now completely gone.  Also while looking around "in there" all other areas look well.

Tumor markers went from 178 to 223.  That is a disappointment but really not a huge indicator on what is actually happening with the tumor.  The radiologist said that the liver ablation that was done in April continues to work as time goes on and he wants to give it another 8 to 12 weeks before considering doing another ablation on the liver. 
So, we leave for Colorado next week for a two week stay. Return to Tulsa in three weeks and reevaluate.

Every Monday at the office, which is my church, all the staff meets together and one of the ministers lead us in a devotional before our prayer time.  Josh is teaching a Bible study on Wednesday nights from a book called
"The Good and Beautiful God", so he took a chapter from this book and focused on Matthew 20  which is about the parable of the workers in the vineyard.
Verse 9 says: 


The workers who were hired about five in the afternoon came and each received a denarius.
10 So when those came who were hired first, they expected to receive more. But each one of them also received a denarius. 11 When they received it, they began to grumble against the landowner. 12 ‘These who were hired last worked only one hour,’ they said, ‘and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the work and the heat of the day.’
 
   13 “But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? 14 Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’

It is so easy for us to say and think that things are unfair.  We have said that since we were kids.  I hear my children say it and I have said it a few times myself within the past few months.  Specifically, I have said that it is not fair that Pat has had to suffer and go through this cancer journey again.  But, I know that we live in a fallen world and simply, life isn't fair.  

Josh gave us a little exercise and I want to give you the same one too.  Make a list of all the things in your life that you have been given that you do not deserve.
 
Tuesday morning I was driving to work and I started making my list:

Things I do not deserve:
1.  To be happily married 26 years.
2.  To have three healthy children.
3.  To have been raised by two loving parents.
4.  I have a job that I love and look forward to every single day.
5.  I have so many friends.
6.  I was given the opportunity to earn a college education.
7.  I have very good health.
8.  My family has health Insurance.
9.  I am a member of Life Group that has been together 3.5 years.
10. .....the list goes on and on.  I do not deserve any of the above.  None of us do.  We can all say that we have many blessings, but when you ask yourself what you have that you do not deserve, it feels different.  Try it.  
Thank you for all of your sweet words of love and encouragement today.  Your prayers have been felt!  
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!  Be safe!  Make your list!

Hugs!
Paige
xoxo

Photobucket

No comments: