Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Worry

Mavs are playing and as I type it is Heat up 47 to 45 just before half. Go Mavs!

I am back to walking again.  I think that I have now walked a total of four times since October and I am in the worst shape that I can remember. There are a lot of hills in my neighborhood so needless to say I am sore. Walking is almost perfect at 5:45 in the morning, but the summer humidity just kills my hair!  

After my walk this morning, I had only a few minutes during my quiet time, but I read my devotion from Jesus Calling.  The subject was worry. "My Presence with you is a promise, independent of your awareness of Me.  Many things can block this awareness, but the major culprit is worry.  My children tend to accept worry as an inescapable fact of life.  However, worry is a form of unbelief; it is anathema to Me. Who is in charge of your life?  If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But if it is I, then worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive.  When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me.  Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me.  I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it.  In this world you will have problems, but you need not lose sight of Me.  Luke 12:22-21; John 16:33.

Worry!  As I said before, it can consume me. I have no control over any situation, so why worry? I would rather trust God, who knows what is going to happen anyway. Why not leave it up to Him and walk the path he has designed? A path that could be hard or painful, but we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His good purpose. (Romans  8:28). It all makes perfect sense in my head until my heart gets involved.  

Tonight I received a phone call of a situation that could be a major hurdle for us.  Honestly, my first reaction was calmness.  I remembered what I read this morning.  I said, "Okay, Jesus, you said to give this to you. So, here it is.  I am handing it over, but trying not to take it back. Oh, it has been nagging me all night, but I just keep saying "Jesus, you are in control."

Pat has felt good during the days, but these past few nights he has really struggled with extreme exhaustion and has to go to bed by 9.  Oh how I pray that the Tarceva can be discontinued next week and we are cancer free.

Today was a sweet day for me as far as receiving several God hugs from some special girlfriends. God used them to whisper words of affirmation and encouragement that I need. We are so thankful for your cards, messages, texts, emails and phone calls. Many times you send them just when we need them. 

Sweet dreams!
xoxo 



Photobucket

No comments: