Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy 24th Anniversary to Us

Lake Murray Lodge, Ardmore OK.
This is where we met on July 8, 1981

I actually met Pat while he was on vacation with his mother. I was the reservationist at Lake Murray. He asked me out for Pizza that night. He said that he liked my "yellow pants"!

This is a picture of Pat when he came to my house the following
weekend and went to the rodeo to see my Mom ride.
Pat and I at Homecoming 1982
Southeastern Oklahoma State University


Newspaper Announcement
Wedding Chapel

Pat and I were recently in Ardmore, and we drove by and took pictures. It brought back so many memories. The lodge looks so much smaller than I remember. I sure would like to replay our wedding day as we would be able to see those family members that aren't with us anymore.



September 8, 1984

Our wedding was small and so special! I cried before and during the whole wedding and i just don't remember much about the ceremony. That was before I knew about video taping. Management forgot to turn on the air conditioning in advance so Pat was dripping sweat through the whole ceremony. Also, did you notice that my flowers didn't match the flowers that were already in the chapel? I certainly didn't know about floral design then. I wish I hadn't chosen a hat and went with the veil. I think it really looks silly now! After the wedding we had a reception at the Ramada Inn in Ardmore then off to to Hawaii the next day. Can we do that honeymoon again soon, Pat?

I received via text this morning this message from Sis. Thanks Sis!

Happy 24th anniversary to my parents who I love dearly. I am so blessed and thankful to have you two in my life and so glad that I have such a wonderful relationship to look up to and hope to have one day. I love y'all so much! Have a wonderful day!

Looking back on the 24 years, it got easier each year. We are blessed to have a very happy marriage and thankful that God is in the middle of our relationship. Our marriage would not be what it is today without Him!

I am thankful for you, Pat and love you with all my heart!
xoxo





6 comments:

Cherdecor said...

Oh, Paige, you were such a good looking couple! A beautiful bride and a handsome groom! I love your hat! There is nothing wrong with it.
I did notice that the flowers didn't match but you know, in most weddings the flowers match, but the couple doesn't. At least it seems that way because they don't stay together very long. I loved your testimony of Christ being in your marriage. There will always be ups and downs and pain, but God is always with us and will lead us through it.

Happy Anniversary, dear Paige and and Pat.

Karen said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. James and I have one coming up next month. We are both very sentimental about our anniversaries. We even celebrate the anniversary of our first date.

Who knows why God puts people together when He does. However, I know God had a plan for me to be at the salon where I am now. God had a plan to put the women in my life that I need. I need girlfriends. You cannot have too many of them.

Glad I finally found your blog.

I will continue to pray for Pat and look forward to hearing good reports.

Whose report do we believe? WE believe the report of the Lord.

Wanda said...

Paige.....
I just found your blog....and love it! It's a beauty!
Lucky for me....or no...you...it's your anniversary! WOW!
Congratulations! and Happy Sweet Anniversary to you both.
God bless you and your family.

My hubby and I will celebrate next week on the 16th....19years.
Looking forward to the next half or our lives.

God is good....all the time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And Happy Anniversary! Today my husband and I are celebrating our 36th anniversary. God bless the two of you and your family. Linda

Debra said...

Love the wedding picrures! Wow, 24 years. Now that is an accomplishment! Awesome when you can see God's grace in a relationship. :) Precious! And, what an awesome example to your children.

Love, Debra

LivingTheLife said...

Happy Anniversary, Paige and Pat...oh Paige...I am loving your "southerness" in your dress, hat, veil and parasol! Why I didn't know you were such a "Scarlet"...just kidding...I almost wore a hat, too...but I opted for the veil...my flowers all matched...BUT sadly, my bouquet was NOT what I had imagined it to be...that's why I guess I am so detailed about flowers to this day...and the weddings I work on.

You guys are so cute...then and NOW! Blessings to both of you...

Love,
Teresa