Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Red Ink and Snow

See that nice red, pen. I had one just like it that I use every morning to journal. Now that ink from the pen is all over the carpet in the middle of the living room floor. I know you know who did it! Cash! Thursday, I was packing and preparing to leave for Denver. I was trying to have the house all picked up and looking nice before I left. I heard the quiet and went to check on Cash. It was all over the carpet. It was also all over his feet. I had to pick him up and carry him to his kennel. OMG! I couldn't believe it and I worked on those spots for two hours. I immediately got on the Internet to get instructions on red ink on the carpet. The first web site said use alcohol. The second website said use OxyClean. The third site Dawn....fourth baking power..etc. I called my sister and she said try milk. Nothing was working and I had to finish packing and get out the door. Not to mention that I had to get soapy water and clean Cash's feet. My good friend, Marnie, said she had a bottle of magic that might just fix it. It is not gone yet, but getting pinker. Thanks so much Marnie! Cash better be glad that I love him!
I got back a few hours ago from Denver! Friday they had their first snow and it was beautiful! We were about 30 minutes out of Denver in Parker. My sister, Kelly, and I had a really good time with Dana and Greg. Dana had a very long list for me and we hit it Friday morning! We picked out paint colors, flooring, lighting, rugs, bedding, bought decor items, etc. I also did a few floral arrangements last night. We finished last night about 1:30 a.m. I am tired, but I cherish the time with Kelly and thankful for the opportunity to spend a long weekend with her. It is nice to be home and I would like to think it is a good time for the guys at home to miss me and appreciate me!
~~~~~
I hated missing G's game Thursday, but Dad and Bubba were there to cheer him on. I asked them to be obnoxious for me, but they said no! G's team won! Can't wait until next Thursday!

Hugs!

3 comments:

LivingTheLife said...

Paige...
It may be too late to try this...but hair spray...good ole fashion hair spray...aeresol is best...but the pump kind works great for getting ink out of most things. Clay had a great aunt who was a school teacher...she was a neat freak and always had a can of hair spray in her desk drawer...just in case of any ink leaks...and that was when they used a lot of cartridge pens. One time...one of the children...I won't name names...Marcus...left a crayola marker in his pants...I forgot to check his pockets and washed those pants with his sisters basketball uniform from jr. high...a team that the coach was mean and would have killed both J and me if she found out we may have ruined a uniform that was to be passed on from year to year...I was devastated...it was a white uniform...red marker...I completely soaked the uniform in the hair spray...re-washed it...and it ALL came out. It helps if you haven't used any heat to dry the area. I have also heard that W-D40 works on ink, too...you may want to spot test that...but hey...I do know it works on glue or tape...it removes it like a charm. You know how you get some items that are marked with those sticky stickers that are impossible to remove...well, spray the sticker with WD-40 and it just slides off!

Let me know...I have much faith in the hairspray rememdy...I have used it numerous times...it may take a few bottles...but hey, that's cheaper than new carpet...and it just may get CASH out of the dog house!

Blessings...
Teresa

Meg said...

Hi sweetie! Happy Monday!
Hair spray has worked for me in the past.

Thanks so much for following me. I am right outside of San Antonio, but moving to the Ft. Worth area soon.

Have an amazing and blessed week!

Debra said...

Welcome back sister-friend! Was it just a complete blast? Sorry about the ink. I had a daughter do that with lipstick. All those rememdies worked together eventually and you couldn't see the spot anymore. Good luck!