Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

2008 Promises Community Christmas

Promises Christmas was a success thanks to the many, many volunteers that helped with this event. We served 555 people and all 300 children three years and older received a new bike. Just three weeks ago I was telling my friend, Melissa, that my prayer is that every child that attends our event could go home with a new bike. In the past we were able to give away approximately 30 bikes via a drawing. God heard my prayer, because this last Monday, someone donated all the bikes. I wish you could have seen the children's faces when they all heard they were going home with their very own new bike! It makes all of those long hours of planning this event worth it! Below are a few pictures of the bikes and other snapshots. Snowmen were my theme this year. What an amazing evening we had. Even though I am pooped and dragging this morning, I can't wait until next year!

Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Debra said...

Okay, that just rocks! What a great time to give away bikes! God is good!