Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am behind on my blogging, but I have been at the ranch since Sunday. I tried blogging via my mobile, but it didn't work too well. Yes, I do need to change my blog template from "Christmas" to something else, but you know that takes time, right?
~~~~~
To my blogger friends! I enjoy following your blogs very much and I am able to read them via my cell phone. That is a good thing since I do not have Internet at the ranch. Many of you embraced me when I started blogging and let me just thank you by name: Kat at Justabeachkat; Linda at Engraved in His Palms; Debi at Lavender Chick, and Teresa at Living the life. You four women barely knew me, but you took the time to email and comment that you were praying for our family during Pat's illness. Thanks girls! You were part of a miracle!
~~~~~
What a relaxing weekend at the ranch. The weather was perfect. On Tuesday we worked about 25 calves. We celebrated Pat's birthday on the 31st as everyone was celebrating New Year's Eve. We cooked steaks and had the Hico neighbors over. Sis was able to come and spend the night on the 31st and then the boys joined us the next day with birthday cake and presents in hand. We had major problems at the beginning of the week with plumbing, but we were able to fix it due to our kind, retired, neighbor, plumber, and friend, Lonnie! Thanks Lonnie and Charlene for all of your help!
~~~~~
You know what I do while I am in Hico if I am not helping Pat or the usual chores of a house? I read. I started the Twilight Series and finished the first book last night. Gosh, I wish I had the second book bought so I can start it. It is really good. I thought the beginning was kind of slow, but it picked up in a hurry. I think strange things sometimes and I will just put this out there. Pat and i went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Dallas tonight. Bubba gave Pat two tickets for his birthday. It is an amazing three hour show and we just loved it. If you have seen this orchestra live, then this might make sense. If not, just disregard the next thought! When the orchestra started playing, the musicians and singers came out were wearing black, and the women were wearing flowing dresses with black boots, I felt like "Edward" and his brother and sisters would appear at any moment. (If you are not familiar with the Twilight series it is about Vampires!) The atmosphere was just right for my imagination to take off. OK..I said it!
~~~~~
I have pictures to upload, but will have to do that soon!
Happy New Year!
Hugs!

1 comment:

Lavender Chick said...

Paige, Thanks for your sweet comments and mentioning me in your post. What a blessing to have Pat healed AND you as a new friend!

I have to say that I have not gotten into the Twilight hype yet, but hearing so much about it I will have to jump in... The curiosity is killing me!

My best,
Deb