Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! It is almost 10:00 and I am in my pj's early and about ready for bed. I have pictures, but will upload later. Our day started about 8:00 am when the kids got up to see what Santa brought them. (Young moms out there, that is the advantage of having teenagers as they don't want to get up at the crack of dawn on Christmas mornings!) After the kids opened up presents I started breakfast...sausage, biscuits and gravy. It is guilty pleasure eating that kind of breakfast. About lunch time we drove to Dallas to visit the graveside of Pat's dad and other family members. Restland cemetery is a beautiful place and so very peaceful and calm. We sure miss Lou (also known as Papa Lou). He has been gone now since 1994. He died just before G was born! What a wonderful man he was. The afternoon was spent celebrating Christmas with Pat's mom and the rest of the kin. We had a good time! We always enjoy the Chinese Christmas exchange game. The more stealing the better! Tomorrow my side of the family comes to my house and will be here until Sunday. I foresee a lot of cleaning that has to be done tomorrow and a lot a time in the kitchen. So the question is? Would I rather travel several hours or host? I hope that each of you had a great day! Christmas seems to come earlier each year, doesn't it!

Hugs!

4 comments:

Lavender Chick said...

I had a very relaxing Christmas day, as well. However - I'm not going to tell what time I finally got out of my pj's... I'll just say that you got out of your's earlier...

Glad you had a wonderful day; sorry it involved a trip to the cemetery, but I'm sure as a family you got to reflect back on some wonderful memories...

Meg said...

My Christmas day was kind of chaotic, but all is well now. I hosted this year and let me tell you, by around 7 last night I was on the couch!!! My day started early and I fed 30 people...next year I want to travel!

Thanks for the friendship, I just found you on Facebook!

Linda said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful Christmas. I know this year has had some rough patches for you and your family but you have certainly given glory to our Father through it all.
Blessings,
Linda

Debra said...

Paige ... missing you girlfriend! I love you! Debra