Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Giving God the Glory

"If we could hear the voice of God as we sit before Him, we would never cease praying. If we realized how much the sovereign Creator esteems our passion and leans forward to hear our vows to Him, our relentless search for significance would finally end." --Beth Moore

The message has stayed with me ever since I read this in Beth's Moore Stepping Up Bible study that I just finished this week. What a perfect word picture! The reason for this post is that I am preparing for tomorrow and I ran across her words again this morning. I have been asked to speak at a ladies' tea tomorrow at a church in a nearby town. I am so humbled and honored to be asked. I am excited because I get to share what God has done in our family in the past, and most recently sharing God's miracles and answer to prayer in Pat's recent journey the past six months. It is a chance to give God all of the glory! Yes, I am nervous, but I am depending on prayer again! Thank you prayer warrior friends who have been praying for me the past two weeks.
Hugs!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige, I hope you both know that you are in my constant prayers. And, of course my words are not powerful but HE is & HE is the God of all comfort and goodness. I have to remind myself daily of these things & shamefully I still worry.
God bless the 5 of you.
ey

Debra said...

Praying sweet sister! I know God is going to use you to touch lives for Him. Isn't it just awesome! Wish I could be there to hear it.
Love you! Debra

Justabeachkat said...

Darn! I did come in time to pray for you before the event. How did it go? I'm sure you did a fantastic job and others could see God through your words and your heart.

Christmas hugs!
Kat