Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update

Many of you asked about Saturday. I was asked to be the guest speaker at a local church in a nearby town. I was expecting about 25 women to attend, but it turned out to be about 200! This was their church's annual tea. There were about 20 tables that were decorated by different people and each table had a theme. I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures of the different decorations. The tables were just beautiful. The pastor and his wife, Shelly, greeted me when I got there. What a sweet couple who are excited about pastoring a vibrant and growing church in this little town. I was blessed to be invited and to meet such nice people. I was nervous until about the time I was scheduled to speak. I asked some great prayer warriors to pray for me, so it was no surprise when I felt a peace just moments before I was to begin. My best friend, Laura, went with me to give me support and I was relieved that she was with me. What an honor and privileged to be able to give God all of the glory and tell others about our journey this past year. A journey that includes answered prayers and miracles.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! I had no idea! What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I wish I could have been there to hear you.

Linda said...

Wow, that had to be a shock to see 200 people there. I am glad God gave you peace to get through it. I love the new Christmas blog look.
Blessings,
Linda

Justabeachkat said...

Wonderful news! I'm so happy all went well. I just knew it would. How could it not with God standing right there with you?!

Christmas hugs to you!
Kat