Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Face Down

I bet there are a lot of baseball fans about to go in withdrawal after the World Series!   I am not a huge baseball fan, but I enjoy a game if my son is playing, it is at the Ball Park or the World Series.  Pat says I just people watch.   Hoping tomorrow is a victory for our Rangers!

I have major news!  As of tonight, donations for TEAM STP are now $6,710.00.  Our t-shirt sales are over 85 as of tonight.  Thanks so much!

This morning I had Pat at Medical Plaza for a thoracocentesis which is s  procedure that removes fluid or air from the chest through a needle or tube.  Pat said the procedure was painful but the pain at the incision site is really hurting tonight.  This is the second time he has had the fluid drained in a week and the amount of fluid collected is the same (a liter).  We have questions now as to what is next?  What is causing this fluid and will it return?  They also did labs this morning and we will probably get those results tomorrow.  Last week I sent all of the medical records from his stay here in the hospital to Tulsa and I am waiting to hear from Dr. Shresta.  We want her input as we move forward from here. 

What a whirlwind it has been since October 6th.  Pat's health has declined and our emotions have been high as we continue this journey.  It is ironic that exactly one year ago in October this journey began and now it is so unpredictable.

Music just ministers to my heart and Casting Crowns has their new CD out and already one of the songs is soothing my soul.  It is called Face Down.  The lyrics are below:

 


I try to find a new way to tell You
Some way to show You what You mean to me
There's nothing new
I exhaust myself searching
The world just keeps turning
What else can I do
"Cause I find myself empty and

(Chorus)
Face down
Having nothing else to cling to
But need of love that only You can give
Face down
Where I know that I belong
And I pray with grace that this world sees in me
Someone humbled and broken at Your feet

I stand amazed
See the work of Your hands
Still I don't understand why you would rescue me
An empty cross, where You suffered and bled
Overcoming my death, recreating me
With this freedom I will be

(Chorus)

So I'm asking for Your help
Just can't do this by myself
After all, this life's for You and not for me
Through Your mercy now I see
Brokenness is what I need
So I'll stay right here at Your feet
Right here at Your feet and

(Chorous)

Face down is where I find myself a lot this past year and if not on my face, I am on my knees.  The only source I have is God and each morning I am searching for a word or encouragement from him.  The verse that leaped from the page this morning was Exodus 6:1, "Now you will see what I will do."  I don't know what that means right now, but I will wait and watch with expectation. 

Please continue to pray for Pat's strength, stamina, improved sleep at night, and weight gain.  I ask that you pray for the doctor's wisdom, discernment and guidance in the days to come.  One of my concerns is that the doctors are all in agreement. 

In His Grip,
Paige
xoxo

No comments: