Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Celebration

We woke up this morning early because Pat had an appointment, Garrett had an 8 AM basketball game and I worked the basketball tournament, Centennial Shootout.  The Spartans third game had a spectacular ending.  They were in over time and there was one second left on the clock and Garrett made the winning shot.  What is so cool is that my friend, Natalie, happen to be videoing the end of the game on her phone.  If you have FB, I have it posted on my page.  Garrett's face was priceless and I am still smiling.

The Shootout Tournament of 2010 will always be embedded in our memory. One year ago Pat arrived at the tournament to watch Garrett play.  He had been in Wichita Falls on business and was there to catch that afternoon game.  He had been really sick that week, but when he sat down beside me in the bleachers and I looked into his eyes, I knew something was wrong.  I called the doctor and they said rush him to the hospital and our life forever changed. We celebrate today because Pat surpassed the time that doctors gave him to survive his pancreatic cancer diagnosis.  We are thankful and His doctors are amazed at his progress.  The Cancer Center in Tulsa is more than we ever expected and are blessed to have such a wonderful team of doctors who are believers and a facility that is filled with love and hope.

We still have a fight ahead of us and we are so thankful that you are walking alongside us in this journey.  Your prayers and God's grace and faithfulness have carried us this past year.  I wish I could share with you all of the gifts and blessings we have received this past year.

Life is a gift and we are not promised tomorrow.  Tell your family and friends that you love them.

With thankfulness, 
Photobucket 


Remember TEAM STP....more research is needed for this deadly disease and our team needs your help to raise money for PurpleStride, November 13th!

No comments: