Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Did you see one of my trick or treaters that was at our door tonight?  Matt surprised us by ringing the doorbell and Missy and Loco were with him.  I love surprises!  I wasn't expecting him home tonight.

Today we met with the oncologist first thing this morning.  Pat had a rash show up on his stomach on Saturday and the doctor said it is shingles.  We caught it early and started medication right away.  He also said that he didn't hear much liquid on his lung, so they will check it again on Wednesday as well as get an x-ray of his chest.  Pat is frustrated and disappointed because his chemo treatment will be delayed. 

What I have prayed for the most these past days is peace and joy.  I have been given the gift of peace because of God's love and all of the prayers that have been lifted on our behalf.   I was reading about joy in my book, "Don't Waste The Pain."

What does it mean to "consider it all joy" (James 1:2) I'm sure it's not pretending there is no agony or weariness.  I'm sure it's not putting on a smiley face. It seems to be thoughtfully, by faith, entering into the way God see things--the way they really are--rather than limiting ourselves to what we can see. It seems to be found in deliberately allowing God to wean me away from letting my feelings be controlled by circumstances. It seems to be found i consciously embracing the mysterious joy in God's heart (the joy of the Holy Spirit) even when I don't understand. Joy can peek through the curtain of sorrow".

I experience this joy and usually in the smallest of things.  While I am filled with this peace and joy, I feel God is asking me to wait, trust and be still each day.  My mind is a whirlwind of emotions and many days are so surreal. I now have to take each day one at a time. 

Your prayers are felt and we ask you to not stop.  We have to remind ourselves that God Is Big Enough! 

Tomorrow, November 1st, is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month! Wear your purple!  Donate now to TEAM STP so that we can raise money for research.                                                                                                               
Hugs!
xoxo
Photobucket

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sweetie, know this Ozark Farm Chick has been prayin' for your precious Hubby for quite some time through Grammy Girlfriend's blog.

I pray that peace that passes all understandin' for ya and a miracle for your Hubs. Through Christ amazingly we can feel joy through the pain. I pray your feel our prayers.

God bless ya and bask in His love.