Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back To School



Yes, it is back to school!  Crying really doesn't happen here anymore when the kids go back to school.  I do remember crying my eyes out when all of them went to kindergarten.  They even had a "boo hoo breakfast" for the moms. Now I have two out of school and in college and the baby of the family has only five more years of school.  I am not in any hurry for him to graduate. Therefore, I am not looking forward to empty nest.  Actually I talked to two of my close friends last week, Laura and Debbie, whose sons have moved off to college.  Both of them are really not criers, but they said they both have teared up many times. I cried just listening to them.  Another thought on empty nest.  Since the two older kids are not around much and G is busy with his social life, Pat and I find ourselves spending a lot of time alone together.  What a scary thought to think what it would be like if I didn't enjoy my husband's company or if we didn't have anything in common.  So, I am thankful that Pat and I are best friends and that we enjoy spending time together.  But, I will tell you one thing.  I don't want to be that old couple sitting in Denny's just eating and staring at each other.  I refuse to do that.  I will make up things to talk about before we sit in silence! He probably thinks that I do that now.  
~~~~~
Pat had another good day today.  He sure did enjoy his two tacos tonight although he ate them an hour apart.  The doctor said today that he can drive now. He is also getting some exercise by walking each day on the treadmill.  He and Cash did go for a short stroll this afternoon.  Pat is also getting out of jury duty thanks to his doctor's note!  
~~~~~
Petals is getting busier!  I received several orders this week.  I haven't been upstairs for such a long time, and I am looking forward to starting up again.  If I have promised anyone florals, please call and remind me.  

Hugs!

2 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

What a blessing for him to be able to drive again and for you to be able to get back to your florals. Awwwww...normal life.

Hugs!
Kat

Lavender Chick said...

I completely agree with your Denny's comment... I refuse to be that way, too. My husband, however, might enjoy some silence from time to time...

Glad to hear that Pat can drive again - a sense of things getting back to normal is always nice...

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!