Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This Is A Glorious Day

Elated, joyful, blessed, relieved, proud, excited, prayerful, and so very thankful! These are just a few words that describe how I feel today. It just brings tears to my eyes. To look back at this journey that began June 19th until today, I wish I could share those little moments that have brought me joy even in the midst of the worry and uneasiness and most of all the peace I have felt. Many of you told me you have prayed for our peace and that we would not fear. That is an amazing feeling. It is really something I have never experienced before this all began. Truly God does equip you for exactly what you need when you need it and not one minute before. In one of our goody baskets, there was a book entitled "When God Winks at You". We have experienced many "winks". I just don't want to forget any of them. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to (who/those who) hired Angela to clean my house. When Angela called me yesterday to tell me that one or more of my anonymous friends had hired to clean I just cried. That is a major gift to me as I have not had time and to tell you the truth, I have not felt like cleaning. Therefore, my house is in desperate need of a good clean. All five of us are very grateful. The boys will be especially because they have to clean their own rooms and bathroom. I would hate to guess when the last time they dusted! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
~~~~~
After they removed Pat's NRG tube yesterday he said he felt so free. He said removing that tube gave him that "willy feeling". Shortly after that he had a grape pop sickle. He also had the luxury of sleeping until 5:30 this morning and had his coffee first thing. He said that it tasted wonderful. He also drank some apple juice and had some jello, but he passed on the broth. :) He has now lost 16 lbs., but this has been an advantage for him, because he was trying to drop weight via diet and exercise before his hernia surgery in May. Right now he is watching western movies...thanks Markie! We are hoping to go home tomorrow and how great it will be to be home again. We miss our home, our bed, our dogs, the ranch and those little things that happen in our daily lives. We can't wait!
We hope that you have a blessed day too!

Hugs!

No comments: