Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Update

It is 10:45 pm and I forgot I have not done an update for today. I hope that you had a good day. I woke up this morning and I had not really thought about going to church, particularly since Pat couldn't. He asked me if I was going. Then I thought, "I think I will", and I am so glad that I did. I feel like every song that we sang this morning in church during Praise and Worship, was chosen just for me. We sang songs of thankfulness and His greatness. I pretty much cried through every song! When I take a look back (and I do daily) I see how God's hand has been in every part of this journey. What I am most thankful for is that we caught this cancer so early and we can thank Keith Gilbert for this...what a miracle.

Many of you are new to reading my blog and may not know exactly how we found Pat's cancer so early. Our very good friend, Keith Gilbert, lost his fight a year ago to esophageal cancer. One of the major symptoms he had was reflux. Since Pat had reflux in the past, he asked for the endoscopy procedure to be done at the same time he was having his colonoscopy for his 50-year-old checkup and physical. The beauty of this is that Pat has not had reflux in over six months, but because of Keith and Jeanie's encouragement to be scoped, he did. Finding esophageal cancer at stage one is the miracle.

Pat was feeling better today and had better rest last night. His low grade fever did not appear today. So, that is good news!

Hugs!

1 comment:

Cherdecor said...

Thank God Pat had them check the esophagus when he went for the colonoscopy. I love reading how God is bringing you both along on this journey of faith and how you continue to trust the Lord. It truly is a blessing!