Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

An Update

Hello!  I hope that you are staying dry!



Okay I could have less doctor visits in my week.  This morning I accompanied Matt to his neurologist.  She prescribed another preventative medicine along with magnesium.  She also prescribed another drug in the form of a nasal spray to be used when he feels a migraine beginning.   If you have known us very long then you know that Matt has battled this since his Freshmen year in high school.  I am tired of seeing him struggle with these as they are painful and they interrupt his school and work.  We really like his neurologist, Dr. Hughes and her compassion.



Elizabeth has been in the bed most of the day and is doing really well. She has a bit of swelling in her sweet cheeks and I think she will be up and around in the next day or so.



As I mentioned yesterday in my post, we are going to Tulsa in the morning.  Overall, the past two weeks after treatment have been really good compared to the previous weeks following chemo, but remember we omitted two drugs (Zometa and the Neulasta). We are not sure if he will receive another drug that we were educated on called  Aredia. It will replace the Zometa.  Aredia is prescribed to treat hypercalcedmia and the damaging effects of cancer when it has spread to the bones.   He had his blood work done this morning and his white blood count was good.  Needless to say, we are a little apprehensive in what Thursday's treatment will deliver.  Please pray for wisdom and discernment for the doctor to make the right decision as well no side effects to either drug they choose.  



I am reading the final pages of Mary Beth Chapman's book "Choosing to See" where she and her husband, Steven Curtis, share their journey when their little girl, Maria, was run over by her brother, Will.  This is what she said to Maria's sisters.  "It's not fair I know! There are lots of things that don't seem to be fair, and they're so hard.  But girls, God has asked us to do hard.  It really stinks and I wish we didn't have to, but this is what our family has been called to.  If we all stick together, we can do hard".  When I read this I just shook my head yes.  



Yes means God asked the Easterlings to do hard.  Her description of hard was said  perfectly and put into words that describe how I feel and I know Pat would say the same.  This reminds me of my life verse since 2008, John 13:7  Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” That is the verse I live by now.  It is all I have for now.
Will check back in from Tulsa tomorrow. 

Hugs!
Paige
xoxo 
 

No comments: