Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Good morning!  I fell asleep last night on the couch, so I thought I would just say a quick hello.  Pat just left for Hico with Jordan and I think they may be piddling today.  I am just thankful Pat has felt better.  He measured 60 windows yesterday, so he was tuckered out last night. 

Mom's birthday was on the 18th and I didn't journal that day.  I hope I look as good as you do Mom at your young age.  You are still beautiful on the inside and out.  I love you, Mom!

My devotional, Streams in the Desert,is such a comfort and encouragement to me.  I love how the author has taken scripture, experience, and inspiration to help weary travelers as they journey through the wilderness.  I feel we are in the wilderness versus the desert as it has nothing to offer because it is so dry and desolate.  The wilderness can provide shade, water and surprises along the way, and it gives us blessings, gifts and even miracles. I am confident that God loves us and He is walking before us each day. Priscilla Shirer says it beautifully, "The best way to Canaan is to walk straight through, wherever He leads, holding His invisible hand until you swear you can feel His pulse in  your palm." 

If God has called us to His highest and best, each of us will have a time of crisis, when all our resources will fail and when we face either ruin or something better than we have ever dreamed.  But before we can receive the blessing, we must rely on God's infinite help.  We must be willing to let go, surrendering completely to Him, and cease from our own wisdom, strength and righteousness.  We must be "crucified with Christ" (Gal 2:20) and yet alive in Him.  God knows how to lead us to the point of crisis and he knows how to lead us through it...Streams in the Desert.

Have a great day!
Hugs!Photobucket

No comments: