Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Texas - PurpleStride DFW 2011 - General Donation

I am sitting back with my feet up in Pat's recliner.  He has gone to Colorado and has left me here.  You know we are attached at the hip, so I am feeling lost.  When I married Pat he traveled via car most of the month and would be gone during four or five days a week and continued to travel (30 years total) until he left Kinro.  That guy was racking thousands of miles on American and he was getting really tired of the travel in the end.  Now, we are hardly apart. 

I have an important announcement.  Team STP (Super Team Pat) will be participating in PurpleStride on November 13th in Dallas.  PurpleStride events contribute millions of dollars toward the mission of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network to advance research, support patients and create hope. Money raised helps fund personalized support for patients, their families and their caregivers. The events also support research grants and advocacy efforts to increase federal pancreatic cancer research funding.

I am super excited as I have ten committed participants on our team and it is only day one!  My goal is to raise $2,500.00, but would love, love, love to double that.  If you would like to join us for the fun mile or the 5K you may click here for the link..  If you would like to donate, you can also click that link and it will lead you to our team website. (You can also get the link off of my FaceBook).

I love event planning, but I am going to have to start training for the 5K.  Running a 5K has always been on my bucket list, but I haven't accomplished that yet.  Last year when Pat got sick I was right in the middle of training for a 5K with the church staff and haven't run since.  I really enjoyed using the iPhone app Couch to 5K as it like a game to me.

I just heard from Pat and is sitting  and relaxing and the weather is perfect.  Love and miss you, Patrick! 

Hugs!
Paige
xoxo

No comments: