Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Word

This morning I sat in my chair and asked the Lord to speak to me and encourage Pat and I.  He is faithful.  He did.  I opened my Streams in the Desert to read this:  Never look ahead to the changes and challenges of this life in fear.  Instead, as they arise look at them with the full assurance that God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them.  Hasn't He kept you safe up to now? So hold His loving hand tightly and He will lead you safely through all things.  And when you cannot stand, He will carry you in His arms. Do not look ahead to what may happen tomorrow.  The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.

I read that a couple of times.  I clearly wrote "Yes" when the question was asked, "Hasn't He kept you safe up to now?".  And he specifically reminded me not to worry about tomorrow.  Everything I read today was about Faith.  I then turn to my Bible to look up August 15th, but I stop on the 14th and read what I underlined last year.  I wrote "Promise" in the margins:  But the Lord watches over those who fear him, those who rely on his unfailing love.  He rescues them from death and keeps them alive in times of famine.  We put our hope in the Lord.  He is our help and our shield.  In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.  Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone.  Psalm 33 8-22.  Now I turn to August 15th:   Psalm 34: 5-10, I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.  Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy, no shadow of shame will darken their faces.  In my desperation I prayed and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles.  vs 8:  Taste and see that the Lord is good.  O the joys of those who take refuge in him! Fear the Lord, you his godly people, for those who fear him will have all they need. 

My fingers were writing as fast as I could in my journal.  These words that I read are living.  Scripture says that John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." What I read above was directly from God and His promises to me.  I wrote "Promise" in the margin again. My heart knows this, but I have to work real hard to get my head to agree, submit and rest, but it excites me!

So, as I was driving to work today I asked a simple prayer that something good would happen today and Pat and I really needed It.  He answered it.  It was sweet and I am thankful. 

Pat felt a little better today.  I pray that each day he feels stronger and stronger.  He is my hero as he just pushes through it all without complaint. 

Going to hit the hay!
Sweet dreams!
xoxo Photobucket

No comments: