Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

I Will Praise You In This Storm

Yay it is Friday!  I hope you have had a good one.

Pat had a better day today and actually worked about ten hours.  Gosh, I do not know how he does it.  I admire his determination and will to push through the pain.  He and I were chatting today at his office and he says his whole body hurts.  My prayer is that each day gets better and that he has some really good days before we return to Tulsa on Thursday.

I bought my Change Your Life Bible from Becky Tirabassi in 2007.  It is a special edition of the 365 day Bible that she produced.  I was thinking today how God has used this Bible to transform me and strengthen my relationship with Him.  Before I bought this particular Bible, I read the Life Application Bible, but I would just jump around and most of the time I would avoid the Old Testament because at the time I thought it was boring.  After I started reading my 365 I watched His word come alive.  In this past year, the Lord has spoken to me the most through the Old Testament.  I love the fact that I can read it year after year and look back at the notes and the scripture that I underlined these past three years and see where we have been.

This morning like many mornings I felt the Lord had a special word for me.  I have been reading in Isaiah this past week and it has been rich.  Today I read chapter 61:8: "...I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them.  Their descendants will be recognized and honored among the nations.  Everyone will realize that they are a people the Lord has blessed."  My prayer from the beginning of this journey, which is now one year ago, is that my children would become Men and Women of God and that they would fall deeply in love with Him.  I pray that their lives will glorify God.  The above verse comforts me because I know He hears my prayer and He has my children in the palm of His hand.   

I then read in the New Testament Philippians 1:27, "I will know that you are standing side by side fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News.  Don't be intimidated in any way by your enemies. This will be a sign to them that they are going to be destroyed, but that you are going to be saved, even by God himself. For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him."   This words are sweet as Pat and I are standing side by side.  On Thursday morning after I got up out of my chair and was headed to the bathroom to get ready I started to sing Casting Crowns' song, "Praise You in the Storm".  As I was putting my makeup on that song came on the radio.  I knew that Pat was driving to work at that time and he was listening to the same radio station.  I texted him, "We will praise Him in this storm."  He replied, "Yep...no doubt". 

There is no way I could survive this journey without Him, His strength, guidance and His precious word.  He is so intimate with me and I am humbled and in awe. 

Sweet dreams,
xoxo  . 
Photobucket

No comments: