Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hard Days

Hello!  I just got in from running and I am dragging and feeling a little stiff.  Oh how I hope to one day enjoy this.  I laughed at my sister today when she called.  She asked me how my run was last night and she was happy I enjoyed it.  I asked her what made her think I enjoyed it and she said she saw my FB status when it said, "I just ran the Couch to 5K with Joy and Wendy."  I said, "Kelly, Joy is a friend of mine who lives down the street from me!"  Bahaha!

Pat has not had a good day today.  He went to work this morning early, but had to come back home.  He is in quite a bit of pain, weary and frustrated. The hardest part of this journey for me is to see him hurting.  Please pray the pain lifts and the next few days will be better ones. 

I loved what I read today in my devotion and needed it so much.  While in prayer we are to stand firmly on a promise of God.  By doing so you will obtain enough power to throw open the gates of heaven and to take it by force.  Jesus desires that we would be very specific in our requests asking for something definite.  "What do you want me to do for you?" (Matthew 20:32) is the question. He asks everyone who comes to Him during trials and affliction.  Make your requests earnestly and specifically, if you desire definite answers. It is the aimlessness of prayer that accounts for so many seemingly unanswered prayers.  Be specific in your petitions. Fill out your check for something definite, and it will be cashed at the bank of heaven when it is presented in Jesus' name.

Well, I am making my requests and writing my check to my Father asking for healing for Pat.  He continues to remind me of the scripture he gave me a year ago (Exodus 14:13)  Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” So, I claim and stand on this promise.  Your promise gives me peace.

Hugs! xoxo Photobucket

1 comment:

Mammy said...

I'm new here and would love to know what book you are reading your daily devotionals from. Would love to share them with a friend.....