Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday Ball

It is 9:30 PM and I just got in for my jog/walk.  It is very unusual for me to do any kind of exercise on a Saturday, much less Saturday night.  I guess it is motivation and Pat was encouraging me to also.  It has been  a great day today!  The only two things that was wrong with it was one, Pat wasn't with Garret and I, and two Garrett wouldn't go to the mall with me!

Today Garrett had three basketball games at 11, 4 and 6 in Carrollton and they won all three!  Pat couldn't go due to work, so he missed out on some good games.  We had such a big break between games one and two that I was hoping Garrett might go hang out in the mall. No!  He is like is dad that way.   I am glad I brought a book to read and it was the best fiction that I have read in a long time.  It is called Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. It was one of those books that I could not put down and was good from the beginning to the end.

Pat and I tried to go to Centennial's homecoming football game yesterday.  We waited until the last minute before we into the stadium and the rain died down, but as soon as we sat down, it started to pour and the lightening began, so everyone was asked to leave the stands.  That was enough for Pat and I, so we left.

Pat felt good today.  He had some appointments and then he finished the retaining wall that he and Matt started this summer.  That Patrick just amazes me!  

I am looking forward to seeing Matt tomorrow as it has been two weeks.  Even though he was here all summer and lives only an hour away, I miss him so much.  When I walked over to turn up the thermostat one morning this week, I glanced into his clean room and I just teared up!  Emptying the nest one by one is hard and it doesn't matter how many times you have said goodbye.  Right moms?

It is going to be a short week next week as Pat and I have to be in Tulsa by Wednesday evening and it looks like we will be there until Saturday as of right now.  We can't decide what mode of transportation we want to take since we really like to have a car when we are there for three nights. 

I have several people who have asked what the link is to donate to Team STP.  It is: http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=483398.  Another way to find the link is google Purple Stride Dallas.  You will then go to the website and look on the left hand side to join or donate to the team.  Paigeme590@aol.com is my email if you want me to email you the link.  I will be happy too!  We have surpassed our $2500.00 goal!  Woo hoo!

The weather is getting better and better!  Loved the rain too, but Lord, we need more, please!

Hugs!

xoxo Photobucket

No comments: