Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello from Tulsa!

Hello from Tulsa!

Last night Pat started his new chemo at 4:30 PM which also includes lots of fluids and other drugs, but I couldn't believe that we would leave infusion at 12 midnight.  We got back to the hotel room a little after that and then about 1:00 Pat had severe stomach cramping, which can be a side effect during chemo, so we had to go back to Infusion.  He received some drugs and pain meds and we were able to return to our room at 4:30.  I could not wait to close my eyes and when I did I remember thinking "this was what if felt like to have a newborn baby again".  You know, that exhaustion that just makes you want to cry.  We were able to sleep until 10 this morning and eat a wonderful breakfast.  The rest of the day was literally lying around.  Pat slept most of the day.  We spent a lot of the morning in front of the big screen in the lobby where I watched Wyatt Earp! I am enjoying the westerns!  Speaking of Wyatt Earp, which Kevin Costner played in the movie, Pat has been told for many years that he looks like Kevin and sometimes I can see the resemblance.  i even had someone tell me that Garrett could be Kevin Costner's son...not kidding.

I am so grateful for sister Kelly's company Thursday and my friend, Misty's company last night.  She got here about 7 and stayed until after 11 PM.  They were just what I needed. 

Tonight Pat and I had some special visitors.  Addie, Pat's care nurse, brought her husband, James and a sweet couple from Brazil, Raphael and Beatrice, to the hotel room to meet us and pray with us.  Raphael is studying here and also teaches at Oral Roberts.  James is also a professor there.  What a divine meeting and one I will never forget as they encouraged, shared and prayed with us.  Another testimony of how blessed Pat and I are to be here in Tulsa and how He has surrounded us and provided for us people to love and support us when we are so far away from home.  

Pat and I miss our kids and Cash, and I know they miss us.  It is hard to be separated from them, and I am thankful for my friends and family  who have loved on them and made sure their okay.  I even heard of the many friends of ours that loved on ours boys during the football game last night.  Again, I am humbled by the support and love we have received this past year.

I didn't know what today would be like for Pat and I in the hotel room, but it has been nice for me to just relax and not have to worry about getting things done or being somewhere.  Although Pat has felt very groggy today, he has felt pretty good and has not had any pain or nausea.  This new chemo has some quirky side effects and will present some challenges.

In my scripture reading today God encouraged me with Isaiah 44:2, "The Lord who made you and helps you says:  Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, O dear Israel, my chosen one.  For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields.  And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.  They will thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank. 

In the New Testament, I read one of my favorite versus that I like to pray for others, and particularly my kids.  Tonight I pray this for you:  Ephesians 3:16-19, "I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that come from God."

Goodnight!
Paige & Pat
xoxo 

1 comment:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I love it that your friends are around you and your family.

Fondly,
Glenda