Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunshine in Austin

Hello!

What an absolutely gorgeous day! In Austin it was 84 degrees. This morning Pat and I drove to Austin for a visit with his Aunt Carol, Aunt Ruthie and Uncle Mike.  When we knocked on the front door at 9:45 AM, they were surprised!  Carol recently had surgery, so we wanted to go and make sure she was okay.  Pat's Uncle Mike lives in New York City, but he has been taking care of Carol (his sister). We had such a great visit.  Carol is known for her cooking and today was no exception.  Although she couldn't get around very quickly, she made sure we had a great lunch.  We had the largest boiled shrimp I have ever had....a "three biter" we called them.  We loved seeing you guys and Carol, we pray for a very quick recovery.

On our way home from Austin we stopped in Georgetown at the outlet mall to see if we could get Pat some new jeans at the Levi store.  The store didn't have his size, so he was ready to leave.  I told him that leaving that mall that quickly was like taking candy from a kid!  It was a perfect day for shopping and since it was an outdoor mall, we could enjoy the sunshine.  Well, it didn't happen. We got a smoothie and headed home.   :(  We have had a fabulous weekend and it has been nice having the extra week between chemo as he has had some great days and we are so thankful.

We leave Wednesday for Tulsa and I hear the weather will be very cold (single digits) with ice and snow heavy on Tuesday.  I ask that you pray with us that the weather will not hamper our travel so that we can keep our appointments as scheduled.  Pat has his scans on Wednesday and then on Thursday we have a full day of doctor appointments.  

This week is also an important week because we will be celebrating three birthdays: Elizabeth, Matt and Pat's Mom, Chris.   

I am a little anxious and a little excited about Pat's scans Wednesday, but I read this devotional on January 22nd it helps me. I feel like God is taking his hands and putting them on the side of my face and saying...

"Strive to trust me in more and more areas of your life.  Anything that tends to make you anxious is a growth opportunity.  Instead of running away from these challenges, embrace them, eager to gain all the blessings I have hidden in the difficulties.  If you believe that I am sovereign over every aspect of your life, it is possible to trust Me in all situations.  Don't waste energy regretting the ways thinks are or thinking about what might have been.  Start at the present moment---accepting things exactly as they are--and search for My way in the midst of those circumstances. "

Have a blessed week!
Paige
xoxo

No comments: