Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Definition of Faith?

Hello!  What a beautiful day and it is good to be home!  Pat went to the Home and Garden show at Will Rogers.  Clear Choice has a booth there this weekend.  It is the season for home shows, but this will be our last one until the fall.

I have a lot of work to do, so I stayed home and played catch up.  It is nice sometimes when you know that you will not be leaving the house anytime during the day.  I was so excited to get our dinner delivered to our door as we now have a Pizza Hut in Rendon!  I told the delivery girl how exciting it was to be able to get my favorite pizza delivered to my door and not have to drive clear across town.  What a celebration! I don't know if she cared really!

I love Oswald Chambers and I was reading his devotional, My Utmost for His Highest.  Today's devotional talked about Abraham's Life of Faith.

"He went out, not knowing where he was going" (Hebrews 11:8). Living a life of faith means never knowing where you are being led. But it does mean loving and knowing the One who is leading.  It is literally a life of faith, not of understanding and reason--a life of knowing Him who calls us to go.  Faith is rooted in the knowledge of a Person, and of the biggest traps we fall into is the belief that if we have faith, God will surely lead us to success in the world.

A life of faith is not a life of one glorious mountaintop experience after another, like soaring on eagles' wings, but is a life of day-in and day-out consistency; a life of walking without fainting (Isaiah 40:31).

God keeps telling me to trust Him.  I want to trust him and looking back in the trials in my life, He has never failed me...not once.  I know God just shakes his head and thinks "one day, Paige, maybe you'll get this right."  My emotions are up and down literally like a roller coaster each day and sometimes this journey is so surreal and it is hard to take it all in.  But there is one thing that I have been wrestling with and that is the definition of my faith. How do I see it?  How do I visualize it in my mind?   I need to know what faith looks like whether I am full of peace and joy or whether I am panicked or fearful.   I know my desire.  I desire  for my faith  to be stronger and waiver less.   I take comfort in knowing that He is the controller of all things and all things go through His hands. He is taking care of me and I shouldn't be afraid of anything, although I am.

So, I am still wrestling and still seeking God's face for His guidance, comfort and most of all His peace.  I have found that if I have peace, it changes my inner turmoil.  I am sure my definition of faith will change in the days to come.  Meanwhile, I am chasing after the leader.

Hope you have a great Sunday...my favorite day of the week.  I am looking forward to worshiping Him tomorrow!

Hugs!
Paige
xoxoPhotobucket

No comments: