Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Waiting and Trusting

"WAITING ON ME means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do.  It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself.  Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live: all day, every day.  I created you to stay conscious of Me as you go about your daily duties.  I have promised many blessings to those who wait on Me: renewed strength, living above one's circumstances, resurgence of hope, awareness of My continual Presence.  Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will.  It also helps you to enjoy Me; in My Presence is fullness of Joy." Lamentations 3:24-26; Isaiah 40:31; Psalm 16:11

I just returned from Life Group, changed in to my pajamas and grabbed my devotional "Jesus Calling" and that is what I read for today's devotional.  Waiting On Him seems to be the recurring  theme as well as trusting in Him again!  Waiting may be how he designed me, but it is not feeling very natural. 

I am thinking someone else needs that devotion today too! Reading that each day would be a great reminder for me.

Pat has had bone pain last night and today, but we were able to make church this morning as well as Life Group tonight.  Praying for a better day for him tomorrow. 

I hope you have a great week!

Hugs!
xoxo
Photobucket

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Paige, I just wanted to stop by via Teresa's blog (Grammy Girlfriend) and let you know that I will be praying for your family! Every tiny prayer makes a difference! Big hugs and continued prayers! Theresa

sharon said...

Yea that you were able to make it to church! I always feel better when my soul has been refreshed with the Word! Praying for a blessed week for your family.

Sue said...

Hi Paige,
I came to your blog from Teresa's, and I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you that I am so very sorry for what you and your husband are going through. I will pray that you get the peace and healing from the Lord that I know He can give.
Your family is beautiful ~ and I am sure of great comfort and strength to you both.
Blessings
Sue