Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Disappointed

Hello! Did you miss me yesterday?  I am back now.

We got home from Tulsa about 4:00 and we stayed home the rest of the evening...Fuzzy's takeout was delish!  The kids were home popping in and out.

This morning Pat went to the home show at the Dallas Cowboy's stadium.  I got there about lunch time and it was packed.  Pat said he saw Ty Pennington while walking in the basement to his booth.  Hopefully we the show will pay off and Clear Choice will get some great leads.  Thanks to Marty and John for doing double duty! 

During our visit with the doctor on Thursday we found out that Pat's tumor markers have risen to 151. They were actually at 151 two weeks ago and she read the wrong number of 61 which was the two weeks prior to that. They didn't run tumor markers this week.  Pat had severe back pain on Thursday while we were in the center, which we found odd because his pain has been under control. The plan now is to return in two weeks on Wednesday, March 23rd and have some scans done and do an EGD which is an examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and upper duodenum with a small camera to make sure his stent is working properly.  After we get the results we will get a new game plan.  That visit will require us to stay at least until Saturday.  We are praying for just a bump in the road.

We were not expecting this news at all, so it has been a rough couple of days.  We are so disappointed. I do know that God hasn't gone anywhere. Look at what I read in my devotion in Jesus Calling yesterday.

Walk by faith, not by sight.  As you take steps of faith, depending on me, I will show you how much I can do for you.  If you live your life too safely, you will never know the thrill of seeing Me work through you. When I gave you my spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength.  That's why it is so  wrong to measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you.  The issue is not your strength, but Mine, which is limitedless.  By walking close to Me, you can accomplish My purposes in My strength.  (2 Corinthians 5:7; Galatians 5:25)

My reponse to this...it is a good thing Lord!  I am weary.  We all are and quite frankly, we can't even look past today. The next few weeks look like huge mountains sitting before us and we have been given tricycles to pedal to the top.  But, I know that God loves us and His eyes are on us every moment.  Jer 31:3 says that he loves us with an everlasting love.  So, I am going to use my own advice I gave to a friend not long ago...lean into Him. "He knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold".  Job 23:10.  This verse keeps popping up lately.

Spring break is next week!  Garrett is going to California with friends.  Matt has to go back to school and Elizabeth will be working.  Pat and I are going to Big Bend for a few days and really looking forward to getting out of town.  The weather next week in Terlingua, Texas will be in the high 80's and low 90's.  My favorite! 

Hope you have a good weekend, and do not forget to spring forward one hour on that alarm clock or you will be an hour late! 

In His Grip!
Paige
xoxo
Photobucket

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Always praying for your family.....Hope you have a wonderful trip....