Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

We Are Back!

Hello!  Well it is back to the real world and also dependable internet.  I found a new feature on my iphone called tethering and I pay $15 a month.  I also have the option of not using the service each month.  So, I am riding shotgun and updating CaringBridge at the same time.

Pat and I had an incredible time and my description and pictures just can't describe to you how beautiful Big Bend is.  It is different than anything I have seen. It is about nine hours from DFW.  The Big Bend National Park consists of huge mountains in the desert with the Rio Grande River running right through it.  The Rio Grande was not as big as I thought it would be and Pat read that it is not clean as it should be.  Cash romped around in the river, but we wish we would have none what we know now.  But hey, it was a great photo opportunity!  We also saw amazing cactus everywhere in all shapes and sizes.



We looked for the deer, mountain lions and havelinas, but we only saw two deer as we were leaving town this morning. 



We are driving back to the real world.  I have to admit that it was nice to get away and not focus on our current journey.   Pat felt so good everyday and that is a complete answer to prayer. 


Pat's brothers, Richard and Bob, joined us on Wednesday.  Richard has been about eight times, so he took us some beautiful places.  We four discovered some new places together too!  Yesterday we left about 8 AM and headed to a new jeep trail called Black Gap which is not a maintained road by the national park, so it required four-wheeled drive only.  We were on jeep trails for about eight hours.  We took the windows and the back off of the jeeps and we were covered in dirt on top of a little sunburn when we got back to the camp.  Cash's beautiful red coat had a tint of white from the dust.  He was pooped when we got back.  
Thank you to those who prayed for our safety, protection, good time and good days....we felt them and we are so thankful.  God is Good!

Miss my kiddos and I can't wait to see them!

See you soon!
xoxoPhotobucket

No comments: