Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Flavour!

Hello!  Elizabeth and I are at the Flavour's Women Conference at Fellowship Church this weekend that began on Thursday night and lasts until Saturday.  What a weekend.  My niece, Lauren and her mother, Kim, bought Elizabeth and I tickets to the event last November and gave them to us as gifts.   God knew just what we would need six months later!  

I had journaled early this morning about the speaker last night and the experience, but with Elizabeth and I were blowing drying our hair at the same time this morning we blew the breaker and I lost it!

Today I got a huge God hug as I got to meet Priscilla Shirer and get my picture made with her. I am a huge fan of hers and particularly her book "One in a Million" as I have read it three times.  She signed my book and we chatted for just a bit. What a beautiful person inside and out and one who's words have been such an encouragement to me.  I will post my picture with her soon!

While riding home from the train on Thursday I met a girl who sings on the Praise Team at Gateway, Erin.  We were talking about authors and she recommended Charlotte Gamble's books.  Guess who the speaker was on Thursday night?  It was Charlotte!  She is from England and her accent was entertaining and her message was inspiring.   Many of us go, go, go, but in order to go you have to get on your mark, get set and then go!  We have to hear God's voice when we are on our mark and then we are to receive his anointing when we get set and then we Go! 

Elizabeth and I have had a great time and Southlake is a great town for shopping.  There was even great shopping at the conference.  The name of Fellowship's Women's ministry is Flavour, so that is where the conference name comes from.  Also, Pat's nephew, Kenneth, is one of the children's pastors there, so we got the grand tour of this incredible church!  

Pat and I are not usually away from each other this long, so I feel like I am missing my right arm!  He has been feeling pretty good since we arrived home from Tulsa on Thursday, but he is extremely tired and has been fighting some nausea.  I feel that he will have a much better week this week.  He is such a trooper!

I have got to get to bed as more fun to be had in the morning then I leave here and drive back to Burleson to get Garrett to his game at UTA.

Goodnight!
xoxoPhotobucket

No comments: