Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Time to Exercise

How was your Monday?  It was a good day.  Pat had a fair one, but was really tired and dragging by this evening. 

Today I got back on the treadmill.  Last October was the last time I did any type of exercising when I was training for my first 5K.  Our church staff was challenged and I decided to try it.  I was training with the Iphone app Couch to 5K and it was working pretty good for me. Running a 5K is on my Bucket List and would love to run one and finish.   About the time I was to get to the longer running sets, I stopped due to Pat being hospitalized.

Exercise has always been a part of my life, but I took huge advantage of my new normal life that I ignored the fact that I needed it and sure didn't want too!  Now, I am in the worse shape I have ever been in and I finally said that I have had enough.  I lifted a few (and I mean few) weights last night, and I am quite sore today.  Actually the doctors at the cancer center have advised Pat to walk, so we need to be getting into that routine. 

I loved the message I read from my devotion today:  The most important thing to determine is what to do right now. Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, looking for things that need to be done, concentrate on the task before you and the One who never leaves your side.  Let everything else fade into the background.  This will unclutter your mind, allowing Me to occupy ore and more of you consciousness.  Trust Me to show you what to do when you have finished what you are doing now.  I will guide you step by step, as you bend your will to Mine.  Thus you stay close to Me on the path of Peace.  Here is a message that I need to hear everyday as I feel overwhelmed with the items on my to do list! 

Good word, uh?

Sweet Dreams!
Paige
xoxo Photobucket

No comments: