Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wow! What A Day!

Today has been one of those days that began great and had good things happen all day...kinda of a high that really doesn't go away.  I am thankful for these type of days when I am given one and it is hard to keep it to myself. 

Today Pat's care manager nurse, Adaline, called to check on Pat.  She has a wonderful accent and if I concentrate I can memick her a bit.  She was so excited with Pat's tumor markers and were bragging that they were at 105.  I immediately said, "Wait.  They were 114."  She no that was two weeks ago!  Wow!  I called Pat and told him his markers are still going down and he didn't have to go anywhere.  How exciting! 

This morning I woke up earlier than normal, got my coffee and sat down in my chair.  Today's reading in my 365 day Bible was 2 Samuel 7.  I have to admit that I am not one who loves spending all of my reading in the Old Testament, but God certainly got my attention this morning.  Before I go further here with my thoughts, I want to go back to October.  When Pat was diagnosed and we started this journey, God gave me Exodus 14:13: "But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today.  The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again.  The Lord himself will fight for you, just stay calm." In the past months, he has shown me this verse again.  Several weeks later he directed me to Exodus 34:10:  "The Lord replied, "Listen, I am making a covenant with you in the presence of all your people.  I will perform miracles that have never been performed anywhere in all the earth or in any nation.  And all the people around you will see the power of the Lord--the awesome power I will display for you."  Of course when I read these verses, they leaped out at me...kind of that jaw dropping aha moment. 

So, if I look back at the very beginning of my walk with Christ, I claimed Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you..." as my life verse.  When June of 2008 arrived and Pat was diagnosed with esophageal cancer, he showed me my new life verse, John 13:7:  "You don't understand now what I am doing, but someday you will."   I felt that God gave me a visual of where we started to where we are now.  His reminder that He is in control and there is purpose and meaning in the midst of all of this. 

Okay, back to 2 Samuel 7:23.  It reads "You made a great name for yourself when you redeemed your people from Egypt.  You performed awesome miracles and drove out the nations and Gods that stood in their way."  Verse 23:18 "Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? "  That is how I feel.  Lord that you have been so faithful to this family and that you have blessed us in Pat's remarkable fight.  So humbling.

God revealed Himself to David and gave Him many promises in this chapter, and when I read this my first thought is "Lord, are you revealing more of yourself to me?"  "Are these promises for me?".  Only God knows right now, so I right down these verses and my thoughts to wait.   I get up and get ready for work not really knowing how to process all of this.  Just before I was to walk out the door, I got an email from a guy named Wayne, who is one of the radiologist at the Cancer Center and he has a Healing Ministry.  He also has a son who was diagnosed with leukemia which is how his ministry was started.  He sends out frequent emails with his teaching and devotions.  They are usually quite lengthy and I am surprised that I read it this morning, but what I read was amazing. 

I would like to share a scripture that speaks of writing down
God’s vision. We make it clear so that we can keep it in front of us so we can be
reminded of it. This is from the Good News bible translation.
>
> Hab 2:1 I will climb my watchtower and wait to see what the LORD will tell me
to say and what answer he will give to my complaint.
>
> Hab 2:2 The LORD gave me this answer: "Write down clearly on tablets what I
> reveal to you, so that it can be read at a glance.
>
Hab 2:3 Put it in writing, because it is not yet time for it to come true.
But the time is coming quickly, and what I show you will come true. It may seem
slow in coming, but wait for it; it will certainly take place, and it will not be
> delayed.

I wrote it down. I will wait.

Sweet dreams,
Paige
xoxo



Photobucket

No comments: