Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Thankful for the Rain

I am so thankful for the rain this morning!  Sometimes the rain reminds me of renewal.  As he refreshes our needed ground, he refreshes us, if you ask Him.  I did this morning.  It is funny how you can go to bed so peaceful, thankful and full of joy, and then you wake up and you ask yourself what happened while I slept that caused me to wake up different.  I just got on my knees this morning and asked for a renewal.  After all Lord, I have so much to be thankful for. I have seen your presence this weekend and I am watching you work all around me, literally touching lives.

I woke up to an email this morning that touched me and caused me to think.  My prayer warrior and friend, Monica sent me the following prayer.  We have all heard the first four lines that are familiar, but the rest of the prayer is just as important.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  Living one day at a time, enjoying each moment at a time. Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.  Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.  Trusting that You will make all things right, if I surrender to Your will. So that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the  next." Amen.   

Surrender we have to do, everyday and if we do, God promises to go before us and behind us and carry us when we need Him. Thank you, Monica, for that God hug!

Enjoy the rain today!

Hugs!
xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: