Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday

It is Monday, but not a bad Monday.  It was nice to be back at work after being gone since Tuesday.  Such a refreshing place to be!

I was getting out of my work clothes a bit ago and I saw my book, One in a Million, laying there in my closet.  I took it to the conference with me hoping I would get the opportunity for Priscilla to sign it.  I opened it up to see her signature and realized that she wrote down a verse that I hadn't looked up.  Her signature read:  Paige-You are the one! Priscilla  Numbers 14:24, 30.

Verse 24: But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.

Verse 30:  Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

Here is her description of "One in a Million".  When approximately two million Issrealites left their slavery in Egypt and wandered in the wilderness for an entire generation, only two made it safely to the Promised Land.  That's One in a Million who were brave enough to put abundant life to work no matter where they were, no matter how easy it became just to blend in and be average.

I keep picking this book up because we are still walking in the wilderness.  God used her writing to continue encouraging me.  When I chatting with her I told her our story and I opened the book and said, "see (all underlined with colors) we are doing that wilderness thing!"  She said, "Girl, look at that".  It is just so cool that God heard me whisper "Lord, I would love to meet Priscilla while I am there and get her to sign my book". 

Back to Monday.  Sometimes Mondays can be hard and it is the way you look at it.  A lot of times it is attitude, which is really the only thing we can control, but it is hard if you don't feel like fixing it though!  There are just days that you think "we are tired of this journey and ready for healing so Pat will feel better and we can claim the victory and move on."  We are in God's will and He has us here in this particular time in order that we can experience Him.  "God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams" Ephesians 3:20 (The Message). So I will wait, but in order to wait patiently I need to feel His presence and receive His peace and joy.  

Just today I have talked to two people who now have cancer and their journey is just beginning.  One has esophageal and the other pancreatic.  I ask that you pray for these families as God knows their names.

The journey is long and tough, but I know God is up to something!

In His Grip,
Paige
xoxoPhotobucket

No comments: